Author Topic: BOM CAP NOT AVAILABLE - REPLACEMENT - ASSEMBLY  (Read 834 times)

Offline Bill A

• Kudos: 0
BOM CAP NOT AVAILABLE - REPLACEMENT - ASSEMBLY
« on: August 22, 2014, 11:05:37 AM »
Hello all - Just received a Mouser parts order for building a Pixelnet to DMX Bridge and I have 2 questions:
  1- The cap (mouser #871-B41827A510M8) is obsolete, so I went up in voltage (35 vs. 25) and purchased this one (mouser#667-ECA-1VM101B) - All the other specs match.  If I remember electronics 101 / It's ok to go up on voltage (remain close) if everything else remains the same.  Do you agree or did I mess up?
  2 - Is there an assembly sheet somewhere?  I have searched the site but to no avail...

Thanks - Bill A.

Online JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 59
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: BOM CAP NOT AVAILABLE - REPLACEMENT - ASSEMBLY
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 07:31:34 AM »
Hello all - Just received a Mouser parts order for building a Pixelnet to DMX Bridge and I have 2 questions:
  1- The cap (mouser #871-B41827A510M8) is obsolete, so I went up in voltage (35 vs. 25) and purchased this one (mouser#667-ECA-1VM101B) - All the other specs match.  If I remember electronics 101 / It's ok to go up on voltage (remain close) if everything else remains the same.  Do you agree or did I mess up?
  2 - Is there an assembly sheet somewhere?  I have searched the site but to no avail...

Thanks - Bill A.
Bill, nobody answered here, so I'll give it a shot. Going up in voltage on a Cap is acceptable.

as far as assembly goes, I don't think there is a sheet but I think everything was labeled well. I always go from shortest components to tallest, and there aren't that many on the DMX bridge board.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 50
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 08:09:01 AM »
Sorry this must have slipped through the cracks.

Bill if you could take some pictures I can assemble a manual.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline Bill A

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 05:09:49 PM »
JonB256 - Thanks for the info.  I was pretty sure a 10v increase would not hurt and as you said the board is not that complicated.  My problem was - when I ordered a few BOM's from Mouser (4 different ones times 4 each), everything was shipped together - I knew this, but did not plan for it - my bad.  I feel like I'm running a COOP  :D.  But thanks for your help..

David - I will try to take a few pictures while I assemble ( I should be able to figure it out once I build the other 3 BOM kits).  And thank you too for the reply.

Bill A.

Offline Bill A

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 05:46:34 PM »
Sorry this must have slipped through the cracks.

Bill if you could take some pictures I can assemble a manual.

Building it now...Taking pictures as I go....I hope they are good enough....

Pictures to follow...

Bill A.