Author Topic: DMX Blue Light.  (Read 597 times)

Offline Kevin

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 0
    • Colorado Christmas
DMX Blue Light.
« on: November 27, 2014, 10:56:12 AM »
What does the blue light on the 5 port Pixelnet to DMX board show.  The red light is on solid to indicate power, but the Blue LED flashes slowly.  I have my LOR boards plugged into the DMX port of the board and I notice they do not turn solid red.  This would indicate to me that the Blue light is DMX activity.

Shouldn't the blue light be solid on if DMX output is happening?  If so what would cause intermittent activity and not solid activity? I've checked all cables to insure plugged in to correct ports and checked cable continuity.

-------------------------
Kevin
Colorado Christmas

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 51
Re: DMX Blue Light.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 12:10:11 PM »
What does the blue light on the 5 port Pixelnet to DMX board show.  The red light is on solid to indicate power, but the Blue LED flashes slowly.  I have my LOR boards plugged into the DMX port of the board and I notice they do not turn solid red.  This would indicate to me that the Blue light is DMX activity.

Shouldn't the blue light be solid on if DMX output is happening?  If so what would cause intermittent activity and not solid activity? I've checked all cables to insure plugged in to correct ports and checked cable continuity.

The blue light indicates that Pixelnet is being received. Not sure about the intermittent activity.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com