Author Topic: LSP to FPP  (Read 3951 times)

Offline twooly

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 13
Re: LSP to FPP
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2014, 01:25:20 PM »
Here are the steps I do.
  • Sequence what models you want in Nutcracker using the same audio file that you use in LSP.
  • Save your nutcracker work.
  • Now go to your xlights directory and delete just the xseq file you created (important leave the xml file with the same name)
  • Sequence in LSP like normal, just remember to not put any data on channels you used in your nutcracker models
  • Export to conductor format
  • Go to xlights and convert the conductor export to xseq (make sure the xseq is the same name as the xml file)
  • Open that xseq file on the nutcracker, you should only see what you sequenced in nutcracker but the LSP data is there, just can't see it.
  • Click save
Once done you'll have your LSP data and nutcracker data combined.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Kudos: 0
  • believe in miracles
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2014, 01:28:40 PM »
We pretty much finished beta testing 13 months ago and I haven't heard anything from them. That's disappointing considering all the time I've vested in the LSP software. I'm so used to all the quirks that comes with LSP so I still use it because I haven't made the NC switch yet but if they don't do something, I will switch.
Its a wonderful life.

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 12
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 05:50:44 AM »
Here are the steps I do.
  • Sequence what models you want in Nutcracker using the same audio file that you use in LSP.
  • Save your nutcracker work.
  • Now go to your xlights directory and delete just the xseq file you created (important leave the xml file with the same name)
  • Sequence in LSP like normal, just remember to not put any data on channels you used in your nutcracker models
  • Export to conductor format
  • Go to xlights and convert the conductor export to xseq (make sure the xseq is the same name as the xml file)
  • Open that xseq file on the nutcracker, you should only see what you sequenced in nutcracker but the LSP data is there, just can't see it.
  • Click save
Once done you'll have your LSP data and nutcracker data combined.

EXACTLY what I needed!  THANKS!  Strangely enough not too far from what I envisioned. 

Happy to report the at least with 2.5 shimmer works and works well provided you do not add effects or blends.  Works in w, r, g, b.  These are one of the few things where vixen still has the edge (being able to combine effects).  I have a trap and bass Dance of Sugar Plum Fairy song and shimmer just makes it.  I have the house outline and aether floods shimmering and it definitely creates "an alien landing" kinda thing.  It's my favorite now.  Even cooler was being able to edit the sequences (to remove the ramps and color blends) and to just upload to FPP while the show was going.  They played correctly on the next pass...

While I am at it, I have one song that has like 40 something whole house transitions.  It takes 10m and becomes unresponsive at times to optimize on a i7 8G box and another 10m to export.  Normally, this songs induces huge lag on the LSP scheduler and some stutter on the Conductor, but FPP ate it for lunch.  I had not planned to use it because of the above, but decided to try.  While watching, I noticed I needed to make a few channel assignments.  So go and edit them and upload to FPP and it was fixed...  While the show went on!   8) 8) 8)  Strangely, the conversion in XLNC was like a millisecond and takes no longer to upload to FPP than the other sequences.  My jaw is still on the floor from last night...

Sam

Last year's video: https://vimeo.com/150560653

Offline twooly

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 13
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 06:34:06 AM »
Can't wait to see some videos, I always love the work you do.

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 12
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 05:43:00 AM »
Thanks.  Hope to shoot some vids soon.  I am in still in shock that I'm live.  It just was a few weeks ago I decided to go for it instead of "taking a year off".