Author Topic: Why MSEQ only? How about ASEQ?  (Read 2795 times)

Offline nutz4lights

• Kudos: 3
Why MSEQ only? How about ASEQ?
« on: December 07, 2014, 08:17:01 AM »
Hi Frank,

Great piece of software you've written here!  Yesterday I tried to make the switch from computing-based scheduler running to FPP-based scheduler running, but was having issues getting LSP to export the files correctly for xLights/NC to do something with them...  I installed your software this morning and whoila!  Perfectly functioning file running in both xLights/NC and on the FPP.  SOO, why am I posting here aside from offering praise?  Well, it seems that the Light Elf only has the option of working with MSEQ files.  I have several music-free ASEQ files that I want to convert.  Is there some reason why this is not an option?  I am not going to have music going this year (for the third year in a row after 6 years with it, which doesn't make me happy), but I need to still convert those files over to run on the FPP... I am not sure if there's an option in LSP to save as an MSEQ if you are not putting a music file in... I'm guessing that would wreak havoc on things...

Please help!

Thanks,

-Louie

Offline Frankr

• Kudos: 0
    • Rocklin Lights
Re: Why MSEQ only? How about ASEQ?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 10:37:03 AM »
Sorry Louie I just saw this post.

When I did my reverse engineering on LSP file format I was only focused on the MSQ files.  It is likely that they are predominately the same but I cannot validate that. It would seem like a work around would be to copy and paste your sequence into a MSQ file. Just create a blank sound file in Audacity for the time frame that you want and that should get you what you need.

If you are still interested I wouldn't mind exploring conversion of ASEQ files as well.  should be a straight forward problem to solve.

Frank

Offline nutz4lights

• Kudos: 3
Re: Why MSEQ only? How about ASEQ?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 11:16:33 AM »
Hi Frank, no worries!  We're all busy this time of year.  I think it would be useful to be able to convert both.  I ended up giving up on music this year, so I did all of my sequences as mseq with an mp3, which I could do because there were no speakers or fm transmitter. ;-)   your suggestion is a great work around that I didn't even think about with the blank sound file.

Thanks again!

Louie