Author Topic: How to play past midnight and stop?  (Read 485 times)

Offline James70818

• Kudos: 2
How to play past midnight and stop?
« on: December 15, 2014, 08:06:48 AM »
I haven't played with this much but when I did, it didn't work. How do I run the show past midnight (24:00) and it still stop? On the weekends, we have huge crowds and I would like to run the show til 01:00 of the next day. I set it up once and the show was still going in when I got up in the morning. The only thing I can think of is since 01:00 is technically before the start time of 17:00 it just ignores the stop time? Am I missing something?

A possible work around would be to change the actual clock time since I am running a clock, I could roll back the time so that 24:00 was really 02:00. Just wanted to check before I went through and shifted the time.

James

Offline toozie21

• Kudos: 0
    • My website
Re: How to play past midnight and stop?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 08:25:14 AM »
I think that crossing the midnight boundary doesn't work as is right now (something they want to fix for next year). I think the solution is to have something that ends at 23:59, and then something to start up after 2400. If you search around the forums some, I think there are some more articulate solutions from the Cap on this.

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 139
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 12:09:18 PM »
I think that crossing the midnight boundary doesn't work as is right now (something they want to fix for next year). I think the solution is to have something that ends at 23:59, and then something to start up after 2400. If you search around the forums some, I think there are some more articulate solutions from the Cap on this.

This is the idea.  End the first playlist at 24:00 (which will get changed to 23:59:59 internally since we subtract one second) and set the start of the second playlist to 00:00 and mark it for repeat.  The first one will be allowed to overrun midnight and the second one will be allowed to start after the first one ends even if it is 12:05, 12:08, etc. as long as the second is marked for repeat.  This should give a transition from the first to the second.
-
Chris

Offline David_AVD

• da-Share
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 09:43:30 PM »
I take it that schedule entries still can't span midnight?
da-share.com - the home of da_E131, da_DMX and other handy stuff

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 72
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 07:01:11 AM »
Still need to use a bogus time zone.

Offline David_AVD

• da-Share
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 03:34:01 PM »
Since the playlists I want to run only have one short sequence, I can get around it by having one go until midnight then again at midnight.

It would be nice to be able to have an end time less than a start time in due course.