Vixen Plus, for the time being, is a concept. Do not expect to use it to play your 2013 show. But hey, that's what the Falcon player is for right?
The goals of the Vixen Plus project are:
1. Open source, version 3 of the GNU General Public License (short term) - DONE!
2. Compatible with Vixen 2.0, 2.1 and 2.5 profiles and sequences (short term) - DONE!
3. Same keyboard shortcuts and general look and feel of Vixen 2.x (short term) - DONE!
4. Channel groups (to filter what you are sequencing at the moment) (short term) - DONE!
5. Easier sorting of channels - 50% Done!
6. Integration with Nutcracker 90% Done
7. e1.31 stream for previewers (mid term)
8. Stand alone player and scheduler (long term) or use Falcon or xLights.
I welcome suggestion and try to be proactive on reported bugs. Take Vixen+ for a spin and let me know what you think, what you would like to see that we don't have and what I can get rid of.
I have links to the latest versions on the Vixen+ website
, the previous release links are on diychristmas.org
and a signature generator with instructions here
Thanks for welcoming me into your community and I look forward to seeing some of the great things being done here.