Future of Falcon NEO

Author Topic: Future of Falcon NEO  (Read 14570 times)

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 69
Re: Future of Falcon NEO
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2015, 07:10:04 PM »
We have a few more days of testing the Octo for the BeagleBone Black and we will be announcing the path forward regarding P10 panels soon. So far the Octo is working good. Jut a few things left to test.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 178
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2015, 07:18:38 PM »
I did some more testing last night and will be doing a bit more tonight.  I just need to check into something that I am seeing that Pat is not.  I am not sure if it is a config issue or a solder issue but I should have it figured out later tonight.
-
Chris

Offline patdelaney

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 9
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2015, 07:00:35 AM »
Which issue are you referring too?

Pat

I did some more testing last night and will be doing a bit more tonight.  I just need to check into something that I am seeing that Pat is not.  I am not sure if it is a config issue or a solder issue but I should have it figured out later tonight.

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 178
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2015, 12:11:07 PM »

Which issue are you referring too?

The duplicate data or wrong position issue I described in PM on the last four outputs.  I didn't have time to test the other night and hope to get back to it tonight.

Offline drlucas

• Developer
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2015, 06:29:32 AM »
Not necessarily a question about the NEO, but about future products in general, and an issue I'm dealing with right now...

I have the Octoscroller board on order and need to get the level shifter and my local store only has the 74HC245 in stock and not the  74VC245. Given for me it's a $20min shipping charge from Mouser to get something delivered, I'm thinking about ordering a few extra parts and wondering if there is a bill of materials in mind for the bone or v2 of the F16 boards set in stone yet? I don't mind putting in an order and have the parts on the shelf until the summer once the designs are baked in. Any thoughts on if I should hold tight?

Ryan

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 69
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2015, 08:21:09 AM »
I would hold tight. I would hate the give you a partial list and then you will be in same boat with a different needed part. :)

Offline drlucas

• Developer
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2015, 12:21:24 PM »
I was thinking that....but wanted to ask incase I had missed some recent posts on the status of the development. Last I saw was some of your recent videos doing some testing. Things are looking good. I think I have found another location here in Toronto that I might be able to source the part from....just it's an hour drive, but  I have monday off work so I might swing by.