Author Topic: New 2811's from Ray  (Read 700 times)

Offline Kevin

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 0
    • Colorado Christmas
New 2811's from Ray
« on: November 18, 2015, 09:37:19 AM »
New 2811 Strips from Ray no visible markings found to show whats different about them from the years past.  I tried to add to a strip from last year and it didn't work out.  The color order is different from the years past.  So I am unable to attach older 2811 strips with newer 2811 strips using the same SSC.

So I  tried to program some SSC v3 with the ver 1.0.12 controller software and firmware 1.0.11.  The lights will program but I can not get the RGB order correct.   When I program for the DLA 1809 I get Red, Blue, Green.  When I try the strips 2(1809) i get Green, Red, Blue (??).  I have tried the 7 listed format, but non gave the correct color order. 

I am still using LOR for my sequencing so to change the color order I had to change the DMX for each pixel to get the correct light order (swaped G and B dmx channels around) .  A pain in the butt for multiple strips.

Will there be an update to the SSC programmer to show the color combinations other than SPI released soon, or will the SSCs programming become part of the Falcon Controler software.  Or am I missing something, I know my brain doesn't work as well as it once did and I may have forgot some of the special steps maybe.
-------------------------
Kevin
Colorado Christmas

Offline MrChristmas2000

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 4
Re: New 2811's from Ray
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 10:24:12 AM »
I had the same problem with his 1809 rectangles back in 2013. I had built some elements with the ones I bought in 2012 but ran out. Ordered some more in 2013 and the color order was different. So I had to program one controller for one year and the other for the other year.

Same type of problem happened with ordering some strips to double up on my grid. I ordered the same part description and when I got them the pixel spacing was totally different from the previous strips. We did work out a deal on the problem though, it was excellent customer service from him.

Moral of the story.
When ordering from China order enough for the project, and any potential expansion plus replacement spares because specifications can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and even from year to year.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 54
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 11:47:34 AM »
Some improvements need to be made for next year for sure.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline mararunr

• Kudos: 12
    • Bentonville Heart Lites
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 03:21:32 PM »
Sorry for chiming in, but this is just another reason why I like Virtual Strings on the F16v2 controllers.  Color order change in the middle of a data run?  No problem.  Just use the virtual strings to configure so that all ws2811s look the same even though at the string hardware level they are not.
Bentonville Heart Lites (www.facebook.com/bheartlites)

This is just my opinion/suggestion/viewpoint.  Others with other viewpoints/experiences may have different advice.  I am a hobbyist with a couple years real world experience, not an expert.