Author Topic: Falcon 16 port Hub DMX output issue SOLVED  (Read 927 times)

Offline CW

• Kudos: 0
Falcon 16 port Hub DMX output issue SOLVED
« on: November 22, 2015, 06:53:27 PM »
I am having an issue with the DMX output. I have a MR16 connected to DMX OUT1 and it blinks at about 3 cycles per second. When I move the cable to OUT2 or OUT3 there is nothing. Back to OUT1 and it is blinking. Here is what I have tried.
1. Flashed the PIC with a Pickit 3 and Falcon Hub16 v1.0.0 hex. Got it to work but with the above issue.
2. Swapped the cat 5 cable. No joy.
3. Moved the jumpers, no joy.
4. I move the pixelnet and DMX cables to a DLA Hub and I have the expected test output of RGB test cycle of xLights to the MR16 steady on, works as expected with DLA hub. So that isolates it to the Falcon hub.

The DMX section of the hub has a blue status LED that blinks 1 second on, 4 seconds off. The DMX Test jumper is open. DMX output works on either A or B of the DMX jumper but then all the upper left jumpers are on 1.

When I flash the PIC, I get a error as previous folks have posted. I follow the procedure in the manual however it does not specify if you need to select the target power or power up the hub when loading the program.

The pixelnet side works fine. Any suggestions on what to do next to get DMX working? I have a 2nd hub that I purchased with this one in the pre sale last summer that I have not setup yet.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 06:16:52 PM by CW »

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 61
Re: Falcon 16 port Hub DMX output issue
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 09:44:29 PM »
PM sent for help
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline CW

• Kudos: 0
Re: Falcon 16 port Hub DMX output issue
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 06:12:52 PM »
Problem solved, operator error.  I had xLights running 2 x.
Falcon Christmas products are the best!