I am using a Falcon 16v1 board to drive 12 strings of 120 node led 18xx flex strips.
The first ~ two segments of the led string on port 12 are erratic when the sequence plays. The rest of the string works, but the colors are off. All the lights go off when the song stops, it looks like the lights are being controlled, based on the patterns of the lights. ie. The lights fade to the music.
1. Strings work fine in test mode.
2. Strings work fine when in test mode from FPP. (color chase.)
3. Using Falcon V2, I connected a string to a port, and set to the same channel numbers as port 12 on the Falcon 16v1. The string works fine. This leads me to believe the sequence data is valid.
3. I am starting at channel 129 on port 1, up to 4448.
4. The Falcon 16V1 is plugged into the Falcon 16V2 on port 1
Ports 13-16 are disabled, but am sure I have overlapping numbers. I am going to ensure all ports have unique numbers.
I think the firmware is the original firmware. Since its so late in the season, I don't want to risk updating firmware.
I am having a hard time understanding why #2 works, but playback of the sequence doesn't since the output in both cases is from FPP.
Is there an easy way to tell if this is a firmware issue that has been fixed in the later release?
Any thoughts on additional troubleshooting steps?