Author Topic: Updated the fpp_comparison web page to show rpi Pi 3  (Read 971 times)

Offline smeighan

• Developer
  • Kudos: 11
    • Nutcracker123
Updated the fpp_comparison web page to show rpi Pi 3
« on: February 29, 2016, 04:02:34 PM »

Raspberry.org has announced the Pi 3. This is basically a Pi2 (4x900,hz 32bit) board converted to a (4x1200mhz 64bit) board. It also adds built in Wifi and Bluetooth. adafruit has them for $39. I have updated the comparison table http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/rgb_controllers/fpp_comparison.html. Note Capt Murdoch and his team have not given a date when this new board would be certified for FPP.

I added two rows to the table "wifi", "bluetooth". I have NOT gone through all the SBC's and updated these two values.
If you know the answer you can ping xlights@nutcracker123.com and save me the research.
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases
xLights/Nutcracker Forum http://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php
Facebook [url=https://www.facebook.com/groups

Offline Materdaddy

• Kudos: 10
    • Christmas On Quiet Hills
Re: Updated the fpp_comparison web page to show rpi Pi 3
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 04:32:22 PM »
The $9 C.H.I.P. from NTC has bluetooth and wifi.  You can update those two field for it.

Offline vincerules

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 04:49:30 PM »
The $9 C.H.I.P. from NTC has bluetooth and wifi.  You can update those two field for it.

Have you gotten a chip yet? or have they not started shipping yet? They sound very interesting

Offline Materdaddy

• Kudos: 10
    • Christmas On Quiet Hills
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 07:19:37 PM »
I have two.  I have FPP up and running on it, although 99% untested.  I will be doing more over time, but since they provide a debian distribution it was easy to add basic support.

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 179
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 08:47:35 PM »
I have a Pi v3 on order from mcmelectronics.com already.  It should be supported by the image we are working on for FPP v2 later this year.  In the short term, once we (Mat mainly) finish(es) :) updating our install script to support Raspbian Jessie, then users can use that for testing prior to FPP v2.  Depending on the timeline for v2, we might release an image that could work with FPP v1.x but we haven't discussed that possibility yet.
-
Chris

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 48
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 09:18:41 AM »
Does this ever end?  LOL  I too have a Pi3 on order in addition to already having multiple Pis at home, even a couple of zero's.  Good thing none of this stuff comes out of the household account or I would be stopped with fewer play toys.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA
Falcon and Lynx, all 12v
Multisync with Pi and BBB
P10 and P5

Offline mararunr

• Kudos: 12
    • Bentonville Heart Lites
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 02:19:35 PM »
Does this ever end?  LOL  I too have a Pi3 on order in addition to already having multiple Pis at home, even a couple of zero's.  Good thing none of this stuff comes out of the household account or I would be stopped with fewer play toys.

:) I just keeping ordering more B+ units - maybe I'm not pushing the limits enough but the B+ gets the job done for me (and I'm up to about 10 of 'em)
Bentonville Heart Lites (www.facebook.com/bheartlites)

This is just my opinion/suggestion/viewpoint.  Others with other viewpoints/experiences may have different advice.  I am a hobbyist with a couple years real world experience, not an expert.