Author Topic: Dense Mega Tree Topper  (Read 2888 times)

Offline KewlWinter

• Kudos: 0
Re: Dense Mega Tree Topper
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 05:55:00 PM »
I am running 16 strip 180deg tree.  It has a 5ft radius base and is 18.5ft tall with the 3D star on top.  I use a topper that is a hybrid of the QT2 from HC and a crank up hook head topper from Christmas Light Show.  This allows me to get maximum density and I never need a ladder!

Just cut out the center of the pixel topper, a 2-1/2" hole will do.  Then cut the hook head off the 4 supporting rods just below the band.  Thread the 4 rods about 2", put a nut and washer on each, slide the QT2 over the threads utilizing the guy wire holes, and put 4 washers/nuts to retain and tighten.

Offline andyaz

• Kudos: 2
    • Bentley Lane Holiday Magic
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 07:55:06 PM »
I am using the ChristmasLightShow.com 15 inch top on 24 strands in a 180.

Offline dmoore

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2017, 03:13:32 PM »
http://www.holidaycoro.com/Pixel-Strip-MegaTree-Topper-p/750.htm

The QT3 Version of this HolidayCoro topper will do 32 strings in 180 degree.

Cool deal, thanks!.  That looks like it would do what I am trying to do, although I absolutely loathe ordering from Holiday Coro when I can help it.  It may be the right tool for the job, though.

Although I have not set it up yet, I ordered the T2 topper from Holidaycoro.  It looks great and will meet my needs fine (16 strand 180 degree).  I haven't been doing this hobby for that long so I'm sure that there is a reason for the negative remarks I see regarding HC but I have placed 3 different orders with them and with the exception of 1 minor error that was resolved very quickly, I have been very happy with the products.

Holiday Coros stuff is fine.  He is just overpriced (except for the very first presales) and he is quite a piece of work to deal with.  Most everyone in the hobby is very generous and kind, but David (HC) is pretty condescending and arrogant.  I've had that experience personally and it is not hard to find other people who have similar issues.  Heck...  He likes to publicly spar with customers on the Do It Yourself Christmas on a halfway regular basis.

Bottom line is that his products are fine and he definitely has the market cornered on being one of the more popular US resellers.  He markets a lot towards newbies and people who need things in a hurry.  I don't have a problem with any of that, but (in my opinion) he does have a crappy attitude and I hate to reward that with my dollars.

Russell -

I'd like to better understand where we went off track with prior orders.  I show that 5 orders were made from December 2015 through March 2016.  It included off-spec net, a number of our "stuff boxes" of misc items sold at a discount and candy canes, Brilliant Bulbs, misc cables and such on a pre-sale order.  It appears we shipped all items well within their stated times.  I see no trouble tickets reported and I see 6 email replies we made to questions about designs (including for use with a Falcon) and that we had a phone call.  We even appear to have thrown in an additional discount.

I have no problem with people calling us out on things we've done wrong but what did we specifically do wrong in our prior communications or the way in which we handled this orders?  Please feel free to include any specific email content we may have written in this public forum.

Thanks,
David
HolidayCoro