Author Topic: Powered up F16V2 Wrong colors dispalying while playing sequcense from Xlights  (Read 1252 times)

Offline BrightLights

• Kudos: 0
I would run a sequence that I setup in Xlights with the (ON) option that has Red, Green then Blue. When running the sequence the colors would not display correctly. I have changed the Color order stetting from RGB,RGB,GRB etc. under the String Ports on the F16v2 and saved the setting changes each time I made the color order change. The colors was still showing the same & wrong colors. The color settings never changed the color order after making the changes and saving the changes. Red would show Blue on the pixels, green shows Red and Blue shows Green. When I run the test mode from the F16v2 browser the correct colors are displayed. I moved/switched the data cable the F16v2 controller to an AlphaPix 16, while still plugged in to the same computer and ran the same sequence from Xlights and all of the colors displayed correctly on the strings. The AlphaPix 16 ports/strings on controller are set RGB. I moved the data cable back to F16v2 controller and ran the same sequence ffron Xlights and it is still displaying the wrong colors. I have change every setting and combos of settings that I know of and it still will not display the light in the correct order through F16v2 controller. Is there something I am missing?
Cotroller F16v2 firmware V1.09 Power on V1 & V2 is 12.

Thanks in advance for any help on this issue I am having.

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 42
I'm having something similar today.  I have just one string of 50 TM1804 nodes that I have set up in the F16 interface as Tm18xx and RGB, but the tests I have run using display testing from FPP 1.8 always come up as GBR.  I only have one string defined and it is set for start channel of 1.  Finally quit playing with it and went on to another project.  Need to get away from it for awhile and then go back and see if I missed something.  Firmware testing does give a multicolor display.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA
Lynx, Falcon, XL, FPP

Offline BrightLights

I am testing with 2 strands WS2811 nodes with 50 pixels each strand. All I can get to display on the strands BRG when it should be RGB.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 63
Call me if you want me to take a look. PM sent.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline BrightLights

I have replied back to your PM

Sent from my _ _ _ _ using Tapatalk

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 63
I have not received the PM.

Offline BrightLights

I had an issue with my channel configurations, and because my controller was on the same network as my wireless network, 19.168.1.xx, it looks like that was causing some issues.  Thank you David P. for your assistance on the F16v2 controller. I'm looking forward to getting my new F16v2 controller fully up and working with all of my new RGB strands.