Author Topic: Backup Failure  (Read 467 times)

Offline smhenshall

• Kudos: 0
Backup Failure
« on: September 11, 2016, 03:08:47 AM »
Hi, I have two Pi 2 B v1.1 and each is running FPP v1.8-21. I want to clone one from the other, first I copied from my pc all the fseq and mp3 files needed to the relevant folders on the USB stick of the 'blank' Pi. Going to the working Pi I selected to make a backup and unchecked protect sensitive data. Then to the 'blank' Pi and restored that downloaded file leaving keep existing master.... box ticked. Restore proceeds but in the coloured bar at the top it states that show set-up has failed. I reboot and find that all playlists and schedules are present and correct. If I play a playlist that is just a fseq file all is well, but if I select a playlist with a fseq and mp3 file it plays for a second or two then stops. During this time the remaining time is shown as 00:00. If I create a new playlist with the fseq file only that works, if I try and play just the mp3 file I have the same result with the remaining time at 00:00. I have tried restoring again with just the show setup selected on both Pi's but no change. Am I missing something stupid?

Offline AAH

• Kudos: 15
  • Blinky blinky blinky
    • I love blinky lights
Re: Backup Failure
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 03:29:04 AM »
Is there a reason that you don't just duplicate the SD and USB?
You can call me AAH, you can call me Al, or you can call me Alan.
http://www.hansonelectronics.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Catalogue.pdf Catalogue
http://www.hansonelectronics.com.au/

Offline smhenshall

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 06:09:49 AM »
Is there a reason that you don't just duplicate the SD and USB?
I didn't realise that could be done, can all the files be copied by win7 or do you need a special program? When I put the USB into my win7 pc it asks if I want to repair it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AAH

• Kudos: 15
  • Blinky blinky blinky
    • I love blinky lights
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 04:13:18 PM »
The repair may be valid or it may be because windows detects when usb drives haven't been safely ejected and they want to check for errors.
I have copied all of mine with Win 7. I wasn't aware of the process that you tried.