Author Topic: Taking orders for Falcon PiCap.  (Read 4263 times)

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 64
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: Taking orders for Falcon PiCap.
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2016, 08:12:06 AM »
What the heck kind of connectors does this thing use? Where can I buy them? I would have happily paid a few more bucks to have this board ready to use out of the box, either with connectors included or screw-set terminals. :-/  Guess I'll play with it after Christmas.

My PiCap came with every connector. They were in a separate bag for shipping safety.

Offline Santa

• Kudos: 0
  • Hey, That's Santa!
    • Check out my professional Santa page.
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2016, 08:17:30 AM »
You're right! I'm an idiot, I missed the second baggie and threw the shipping box into our box-pile without a second thought. Just fished it out and found all the little goodies! Thanks so much, everyone!

Offline gilv58

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2017, 10:23:43 AM »
First step into pixel control is the Pi cap I have on order.  Just bought a Ras pi 3 B.  Will be installing FFP.  Are their any user manuals available for the Pi Cap?  What other documentation should I download to assist with setting this unit up and understanding Falcon controllers?  Will be using Xlights for sequence.
All control of the PiCap is done in the FPP.  So first thing is to get familiar with FPP.   If you are just starting out then you will probably want to start with FPP in bridge mode and drive the pixels with xLights outputting E1.31 to FPP in bridge mode.

Later on you can explore the glorious wonders of using FPP as a show player in either "standalone" or "master/remote" modes  :D

Pixel

Nub here as well.

So if I put the FPP in bridge mode I can "play" cxLights sequences directly ?

My RasPi 3 is set up wireless so xLightd can see that if the PC running it is in the same wireless network? 

Sorry if it seems I am high hacking the thread.

Gil V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Gil V.