Author Topic: New to the Forum  (Read 576 times)

Offline nsmetcalf

• Kudos: 0
New to the Forum
« on: September 22, 2016, 12:45:10 PM »
This will be my 3rd year having a show and I am changing from LED's to 100% pixels/RGB. I think I have solved my software issues (mostly just learning curve on my part) and I am now trying to tackle the hardware. I plan to run 2 Falcon 16v2's, one of which will have the expansion board. I have been doing some research, but just wanted to put this out for verification. My plan is to run 1 board as 5v and the other as 12v. My question is: Do I run 2 power supplied to the board that I am running the expansion board? IE 1 power supply to the regular board and a separate supply to the expansion board. I do have the manual and his is they way I understand it, but I wanted to be sure to avoid any damage/problems. Thanks in advance to anyone offering advice/assistance.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 63
Re: New to the Forum
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 01:05:04 PM »
The controller and the expansion can have two power supplies each. The number of supplies is determined by the number of pixels.

PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline nsmetcalf

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 06:42:18 AM »
Ok.  Thank you. Just wanted to verify. I appreciate your time.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 63
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 08:22:56 AM »
Each board has two independent sides and both sides can be a different voltage. So for a main board and expansion their theoretically could be four different voltages.