Author Topic: FPP v1.9 Soft Launch  (Read 6911 times)

Online CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 142
Re: FPP v1.9 Soft Launch
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2016, 12:58:44 AM »
I am running 1.9 on my show.
Pi3(master), PiB+(projector), BBB(P10), BBG(F4B)

Hmmm, this just gave me an idea...  :)

Some of you may have seen people with their "Geek Code" listed in their signature.  The Geek Code is a list of letters, numbers, etc. that is a sort of short-hand identifier describing their personality, interests, skills, appearance, and opinions.

It might be interesting to have FPP generate a "FPP Code" which users could put in their signature or posts to describe their setup.

Code: [Select]
FPP Code:
rpi6: v1.9-4 Pi3B Master - E1.31(64/32768) ArtNet(2/1024) LOR(16) GPIO(2)
rpi3: v1.9-4 Pi2B Remote - VirtualMatrix(40x30)
bbb1: v1.9-4 BBB Remote - E1.31(1/512) Panels(30)
bbb2: v1.8-33 BBB Standalone - E1.31(4/2040) F16-B(1200) Pixelnet(16384)

This could be auto-generated from one system using Avahi to discover the other FPP instances on the network even if they were not configured for MultiSync.
-
Chris

Offline Bshaver

• Developer
  • Kudos: 22
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2016, 06:01:10 AM »
Makes sense. Thanks

Offline PeteyHall

• Kudos: 3
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2016, 06:49:07 AM »
Did a 'fix' to work with LOR 24 channel controllers get in there?

No, I did not get this in yet.  To do this right would mean allowing the user to configure the number of channels per controller and not just a blanket "24 vs 16" checkbox and that would be a big change.  If a checkbox would work for you for this year, then I can look at adding one to the Channel Output config screen.

I think that would work, just not sure how/where you could put it since the 24 channels would be off one of the DMX/LOR ports.

Offline Gary

• Supporting Member
    • Diamond Crescent Musical Christmas Lights
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2016, 02:53:28 AM »
I updated to 1.9 because I'm mostly interested in the ability to output Pixelnet to my F16-V1 controllers, plus the ability to program their channels. I have a few test strings hooked up to my F16-B and they work nicely in both Bridge Mode (and Standalone Mode so far as well, which used to have problems with freeze-ups) after the upgrade to v1.9, but I noticed that the Express Controller hooked up to my DIYLightAnimation USB DMX dongle stopped doing anything. It used to work fine before the upgrade (I believe that the previous version was the Master v1.x Branch), but I can't seem to get DMX to work now. I tried removing and re-adding the config to the Other tab on the Channel Outputs tab (DMX-Pro, Channels 1-512 to ttyUSB0) with no luck, and I even tried reverting to the Master v1.x branch and even tried going to v1.8 with no luck either,

Note that the USB dongle's LED indicating the presence of a DMX signal is on, and the Data Link LED on my Express Controller is on as well--implying that there is a DMX signal, but it's not doing anything other than transmitting an "off" signal?

Offline Gary

• Supporting Member
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2016, 03:03:21 AM »
Wait a sec... fiddling around with it more, I got USB DMX Output working on v1.5-stage-493-g495d56f (master-v1.x branch).

It seems that all I did was add a DMX-Open device (rather than DMX-Pro I had before) which didn't make a difference, so I put DMX-Pro back in again, and now it works? I'll be trying the trick again on v1.9 to see it that makes DMX work properly... stay tuned everybody.  ;D

Offline Gary

• Supporting Member
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 03:12:34 AM »
Woo hoo! DMX is working properly now on v1.9! I can now sleep easy tonight... maybe because it's after 2 in the morning now.  ;)

Tomorrow's goal is to program my F16-V1 controllers' channels...

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 81
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2016, 08:05:02 AM »
Chris,
I was unable to update to 1.9 from the /developer.php page. It remains on Master, or 1.8 whichever it was at at the time.

I had to delete the .so files in /opt/fpp/lib. They appeared as 'not checked in files' from the developer page.

After I deleted those. it was able to update to 1.9

Ben

Thanks for this, Ben.  I could not switch two of my RasPis to v1.9 until I removed those files.

JonB

Online CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2016, 10:23:13 AM »
Thanks for this, Ben.  I could not switch two of my RasPis to v1.9 until I removed those files.

Ah, I forgot about that.  Yes, if you used master-v1.x branch, those files were compiled locally which would prevent you from switching to the master-v1.x branch.   I should be able to do something about that in the future by adding something to run a 'make clean' before switching branches, that way any compiled binaries are removed so they don't conflict with anything in the git repository.

Offline Bshaver

• Developer
  • Kudos: 22
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2016, 02:48:44 PM »
No problem... plugins. cough... plugins. cough :)

Offline thekuai

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2016, 09:19:13 PM »
Did
FPPD Remote stopping while playing repeated test sequences  #244

Make it into 1.9? I Have a Pi 3 model B and have issues with remote FPP players randomly stopping FPPD when playing repeat playlists in scheduler.

Online CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
FPP v1.9 Soft Launch
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2016, 10:19:27 PM »
The remote fppd stopping fix is in the latest v1.8 and v1.9.  I need to close the bug report on github.

Offline smccoy

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2016, 07:24:09 AM »
I am thinking of adding one more enhancement to v1.9.  I have some uncommitted code to allow configuring the brightness of the Octoscroller output.  This patch also includes a refresh rate optimization to only refresh outputs that are actually in use.  I need to add a setting to the UI for the panel brightness and figure out a library issue then I can commit the code.  I am going from 4 P10 panels last year to 30 this year so I want a way to adjust the brightness without recompiling or updating all my sequences.

Did you have any luck with this?  I would love to be able to adjust my P10 brightness without a recompile.  Especially if I could script the change to allow a different setting for day and night...

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 81
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2016, 08:29:44 AM »

Did you have any luck with this?  I would love to be able to adjust my P10 brightness without a recompile.  Especially if I could script the change to allow a different setting for day and night...

I updated to latest v1.9 on my P10 RasPi and tested the new Brightness.  It worked first time.  It gives 5% increment choices. I tried 80% and 50%.

Offline smccoy

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2016, 08:36:50 AM »

I updated to latest v1.9 on my P10 RasPi and tested the new Brightness.  It worked first time.  It gives 5% increment choices. I tried 80% and 50%.
Excellent. I will have to try it tonight.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Online CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2016, 08:52:45 AM »
I am thinking of adding one more enhancement to v1.9.  I have some uncommitted code to allow configuring the brightness of the Octoscroller output.  This patch also includes a refresh rate optimization to only refresh outputs that are actually in use.  I need to add a setting to the UI for the panel brightness and figure out a library issue then I can commit the code.  I am going from 4 P10 panels last year to 30 this year so I want a way to adjust the brightness without recompiling or updating all my sequences.

The code I added last night to v1.9 is working for the Pi only.  We are using separate libraries for the Pi and BBB to drive the panels.  The Pi library includes a SetBrightness() command, but the BBB library doesn't, so I made a patch to modify our clone of the BBB library repository.  I need to update that patch to support the 32x32 panels and also to use the new setting in the UI and then I can push new BBB binaries which support adjusting the brightness.  The BBB will probably only have 7 levels of brightness since that is how the library's PRU code works.