Author Topic: FPP v1.9 Soft Launch  (Read 6923 times)

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 142
Re: FPP v1.9 Soft Launch
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2016, 08:54:42 AM »
I would love to be able to adjust my P10 brightness without a recompile.  Especially if I could script the change to allow a different setting for day and night...

The only way to do this in FPP v1.x will be to run a script to modify the channeloutputs.json file and restart fppd.  I want to support on-the-fly changes in v2.x and also allow you to change it in a playlist as well.
-
Chris

Offline smccoy

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2016, 08:59:02 AM »
I would love to be able to adjust my P10 brightness without a recompile.  Especially if I could script the change to allow a different setting for day and night...

The only way to do this in FPP v1.x will be to run a script to modify the channeloutputs.json file and restart fppd.  I want to support on-the-fly changes in v2.x and also allow you to change it in a playlist as well.
Excellent. That will be a great addition for next year.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline mararunr

• Kudos: 12
    • Bentonville Heart Lites
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2017, 02:49:32 PM »
Finally switching to this on one of my Tune To P10 displays for the last two nights of this season's run.  Question on P10 brightness.  Previously I had manually set brightness in the falconmatrix.p file to 4.  When I look at the file now (after moving to v1.9), it now says 7 (default) but when I look at the UI LED Panels Brightness it says 100%.  So I changed the UI setting to 50% and went back into the falconmatrix.p file and it still says 7.  I'm a little confused.  I assume the UI overrides the file but is 100% in the UI equal to 7 in the file or something else.  i.e. if I set UI brightness to 60% is that pretty close to the previous "4" in the file.  Please advise.
Bentonville Heart Lites (www.facebook.com/bheartlites)

This is just my opinion/suggestion/viewpoint.  Others with other viewpoints/experiences may have different advice.  I am a hobbyist with a couple years real world experience, not an expert.

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2017, 03:41:56 PM »
Finally switching to this on one of my Tune To P10 displays for the last two nights of this season's run.  Question on P10 brightness.  Previously I had manually set brightness in the falconmatrix.p file to 4.  When I look at the file now (after moving to v1.9), it now says 7 (default) but when I look at the UI LED Panels Brightness it says 100%.  So I changed the UI setting to 50% and went back into the falconmatrix.p file and it still says 7.  I'm a little confused.  I assume the UI overrides the file but is 100% in the UI equal to 7 in the file or something else.  i.e. if I set UI brightness to 60% is that pretty close to the previous "4" in the file.  Please advise.

The UI should have options of 1-7 if you are on a BBB/BBG or 10-100% in 5% increments if you are on a Pi.

The brightness define in the code is no longer used, the brightness is now passed in from FPP to the LEDscape library and PRU code.  We don't need to recompile the PRU code to update the brightness anymore because the variable is passed in at run-time.  Are you seeing 10-100% in the brightness setting on your BBB?

Attached are two screenshots from a Pi showing the percentage setting and a BBB showing the 1-7 setting.

Offline jholmes

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2017, 10:23:09 PM »
A user on the Facebook group page said that 1.9 locked the SD card in some way which prevented corruption during hard shutdowns (simply cutting power).

Has anyone else experienced this? Are the days of corrupted SD cards due to power outages over??

Offline aknflyer

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2017, 11:48:47 PM »
A user on the Facebook group page said that 1.9 locked the SD card in some way which prevented corruption during hard shutdowns (simply cutting power).

Has anyone else experienced this? Are the days of corrupted SD cards due to power outages over??

I had that problem. Created a thread at DIY in the FPP section called "fpp boots 1 or 2 times then fails to boot" (website is down right now or would give a link).
In a nutshell in the FPP dropdown, pick scripts, almost at the bottom, 2 up I think is a script to convert the pi to read only, says developer use only. You have to execute it once it is loaded & reboot. Requires your FPP files to be stored on external usb drive, since that is read/write. If you need to go back to read/write on the Pi, the only place I see that script is in github. Would require executing from shell, or just reformat micro usb and start from scratch. Worked great for me testing in garage.

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2017, 01:28:06 AM »

FPP v1.9 did not do this by default.  We added a test script to the script repository and had a bunch of users testing it over the 2016 holidays without any major issues.  There are a couple threads on it, if you search for "read only script" you should find them.

Offline DavidJ247

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2017, 02:18:38 AM »

FPP v1.9 did not do this by default.  We added a test script to the script repository and had a bunch of users testing it over the 2016 holidays without any major issues.  There are a couple threads on it, if you search for "read only script" you should find them.
Had a couple of cases where the power dropped and corrupted the card so I'm keen to try this script but when I go to the script repository I don't see any scripts listed, what am I missing?

Offline gadgetsmith

• Kudos: 14
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2017, 04:58:21 AM »
this means the fpp can't see the internet, therefore, can't access github where the script repository resides.

Offline DavidJ247

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2017, 05:18:50 AM »
this means the fpp can't see the internet, therefore, can't access github where the script repository resides.
Thanks, it is on my home network, do I need to do something to give fpp access to the internet?

Offline gadgetsmith

• Kudos: 14
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2017, 05:34:34 AM »
do you have it connect via Wi-Fi and/or ethernet?  it's generally just the way these are configured.  post the eth0 and wlan0 screenshots of your network configuration and we'll see if it's something simple.

Offline DavidJ247

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2017, 05:47:18 AM »
Only ethernet connected no wifi.

Offline DavidJ247

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2017, 05:49:09 AM »

Offline rlemery

• Kudos: 5
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2017, 08:27:34 AM »
Set your dns server to 192.168.0.1 or to 8.8.8.8.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

728 lor channels
5492 pixels

Offline Materdaddy

• Kudos: 9
    • Christmas On Quiet Hills
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2017, 09:55:36 AM »
Only ethernet connected no wifi.

If you set a static IP, you need to manually configure your DNS as well.  Just do what rlemery said and configure it for your router, or the free/public 8.8.8.8 google DNS.