Author Topic: start Channel for DMX  (Read 488 times)

Offline djmc2002

• Kudos: 0
start Channel for DMX
« on: November 19, 2016, 05:29:56 PM »
Need a idiot check here,  I have 108 channels of DMX running off the #2 universe of my DIYLEDExpress Bridge (which is configered as DMX 108 channels) Do I set the start channel on the first in line DMX controller to the xLights channel number OR the way I have it set is   1 for the first controller, 28 for the second, 55 third, 82 for the 4th?   I swear every year I'm never going to change the layout so I don't have this problem and every year I change something and am stumped.  (BTW set them both ways and no lights so trouble shooting the DMX input side also. 

Help!

Offline tbone321

• Kudos: 42
Re: start Channel for DMX
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 07:45:11 PM »
The first step is to look at your output definitions and make sure that you are sending the correct xLights channels out to the DIYLEDExpress.  After that, remember that the controller will output the first channel assigned to it as channel 1, regardless of the xLights channel number it has in the sequence file so your first DMX channel is channel 1.  Also make sure that if using FPP, that you have enabled the output to that controller.