Author Topic: Question from the Assistant (wife): F16v2 with diff expan board and rec'r- help  (Read 195 times)

Offline Jshaver

• Kudos: 0
We have the F16v2 with diff expansion board set up.  The red card has had the appropriate update to 1.09 and is happy testing a string of pixels from the S1 position.  (this in its self was a victory today).  So we got encouraged to run the Cat 5 cable from the Diff Expansion board to the receiver to test a second light string.  So after supplying power to the receiver board we anxiously awaited the beautiful color wash to begin on the 2nd string.... but sadly ...only darkness. 

After 2 hours of troubleshooting, I'm throwing in the towel.  Please help, I feel so close.  I've attached pics of the F16v2 with diff exp board and receiver.

Online David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 54
Have you set the board up to be "Main board and Expansion" in the user interface?
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline Jshaver

yes
 and just double checked for good measure.

Offline Jshaver

Solved! I hate to admit it but I had the voltage from the power supply to the receiver board hooked up backwards!!  I'm taking the donkey ears off now....and taking my wife to a nice dinner!!
David Pitts is awesome!! To pick up the phone late on a Sunday to help is just awesome!! Outstanding customer service!