Author Topic: Able to have channels from 3 universes going through a hub ?  (Read 484 times)

Offline chadowamsley

• Kudos: 0
Able to have channels from 3 universes going through a hub ?
« on: November 07, 2016, 08:32:26 PM »
Hello,

I seen that I was able to use 2 universes on a hub, but Im wondering if Im able to use channels from more than 2 universes on different banks. I wasnt able to find the exact answer by reading unless I missed it.

I have 2 F-16 v1 boards I purchased that each have an output out on them. I have a broken heel and really dont feel like taking things down that I already have up. I have a hub that Im running my arches on, 7 ports total on universe 4. I was wanting to use 2 of the other ports to cover the 2 outputs that are out on my F-16 boards. One output is in universe 2 and the other is in universe 3. These go to my megatree. I was hoping I would be able to put one bank on universe 2 and the other bank on universe 3. I wasnt sure if I could have channels from 3 universes going through a single hub or not.

Hopefully you can understand my issue as Im not the best at explaining.

Thanks for any help.

Offline chadowamsley

Re: Able to have channels from 3 universes going through a hub ?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 08:57:35 PM »
I meant to post this in the Falcon Hub section. Not sure how to move to correct location.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 57
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 09:25:33 PM »
No only two max.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline chadowamsley

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 01:46:02 PM »
Thanks David. I thought so but wasn't positive. Was able to use individual start channels, Gils suggestion, and fix the 2 strands on my tree.

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 138
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 02:26:16 PM »
Thanks David. I thought so but wasn't positive. Was able to use individual start channels, Gils suggestion, and fix the 2 strands on my tree.

If you have free channels available in the universes your hub is using, and you are running FPP, you could test using FPP to remap the channels to see if that will get you through this year without having to reconfigure models, rebuild sequences, etc..
-
Chris

Offline chadowamsley

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 03:13:09 PM »
Captain I had plenty of open ports on one hub and just set individual start channels for the 2 strands. Re render and saved sequences and all was good.