Author Topic: How are you powering your differential receiver (s) ?  (Read 718 times)

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 11
Re: How are you powering your differential receiver (s) ?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2016, 08:59:04 AM »
Thank you. (oops didn't see that in your earlier post until now) ;D   While I think if you don't really load it up you'll be fine with SPT or 12awg but looks like on the low side.  http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/amps-wire-gauge-d_730.html  I use 2 lines of SPT to feed for my F16 in same case for 6".  I was always quite baffled by these requirements.  Maybe I am off... 
Sam

Last year's video: https://vimeo.com/150560653

Offline taybrynn

• Kudos: 8
    • RockinChristmas Facebook Page
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 01:16:45 PM »
I don't know whats going on, but when I backspace in this forum, it changes to mice sized font and throws crazy html characters into my post.  It's not intentional !!

If anyone has an ideas how fix, please PM me.  I am using Google Chrome and Win 10.

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 11
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 01:59:34 PM »
I am seeing all the time too.  Not just you.  I thought people were doing something funny  ;D

Offline tlh

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2017, 06:26:00 PM »
You caught that huh  :)
After talking with dave, with The Issue I was having with layout for robg floods he suggested that I try changing out the regulator and putting a different one in to be able to supply 24v. And see if that worked. I also ordered some capacitors if the ones on the board could not handle the voltage.  At this point i have 3 boards with 4  20w floods on each  of them and they are working good. Still testing though.

Can you be more specific about the modification to use 24v?  I have some of RobG's floods (and some SM16703 pixels) that I hope to drive with the expansion boards.  Any help would appreciated.  Thanks.
Terry

Offline t.jo13

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2017, 07:26:20 PM »
I will give you info tomorrow after I pull the control box out of 1 of the trees the floods are in