Author Topic: Users experience using FPP over in FPP facebook group  (Read 3095 times)

Offline JerryPlak

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 2
Re: Users experience using FPP over in FPP facebook group
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2017, 07:27:35 AM »
Vary  nicely put!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jerry Plak

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 178
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2017, 08:37:00 AM »
Yep didn't mean anything negative just letting them know.  I fully understand I've tried to quit the xLights FB group and they just keep adding me back in...lol.

I didn't take it negative, I totally agree with  your response.  I was just explaining for everyone else's benefit why I'm not everywhere and sometimes might seem to be not responding promptly to questions here.  I normally try to direct private questions back to the public area and state the exact reason you mention, so others can benefit from the answer.
-
Chris

Offline Gilrock

• Kudos: 8
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2017, 10:33:57 AM »
There is one major advantage of Facebook over any of the forums and that is the ability to block the people that just try to annoy you all the time.  I haven't tried here but I know on DIYC and the xLights forum if you put someone on Ignore it does not hide your posts from them so they can still respond and then you still see that they have posted but the contents are replaced with "You are ignoring this user.  Show me the post."  So basically it's like "Click this link to see what this annoying person is saying about you".  I try to avoid clicking it but sometimes stupid curiosity gets to you and then next thing you know your blood pressure is rising and I'd just rather not deal with it.