Author Topic: Install FPP on a non Raspberry Pi board  (Read 6419 times)

Offline cpwtech

• Kudos: 0
Re: Install FPP on a non Raspberry Pi board
« Reply #195 on: March 15, 2017, 06:35:29 PM »
You mean with my new output driver? Do you have pixels connected to it? Did you try setting it to say 500 pixels?

Yes, the new output driver is working like a champ as long as I keep the OPI in Master mode.  It does not like being a slave, LOL.

Offline madsci1016

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #196 on: March 15, 2017, 09:46:15 PM »
I'v now tested on a Raspberry Pi B and Pi 3. Few tweaks added to my fork. It's now ready for you to merge and tweak yourself.

Looks like there's still a 'global' limit even the Pi 3 can handle. Tried 2100 pixels total (700 per port x 3) and the Pi 3 chocked and crashed. Looked like a kernel panic.  Reduced to 1500 pixels (500 per port x 3) and it's running stable. 60% CPU usage just running the fastest chase on the testing page.

Shame the PWM pin shares with the second SPI port on the Pi 3, we might have gotten 4 pixel ports otherwise...

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 139
« Reply #197 on: March 16, 2017, 09:32:59 AM »
I'v now tested on a Raspberry Pi B and Pi 3. Few tweaks added to my fork. It's now ready for you to merge and tweak yourself.

The timing required by the rpiws281x library might be too much to handle when the 3rd output via SPI is added.  I glanced over the merge request and will try to get it in as soon as possible.
-
Chris

Offline cpwtech

« Reply #198 on: April 29, 2017, 04:38:56 PM »
I have been going over the rpi_ws281x library trying to convert it over to the orange pi pc.  I have the Datasheet for the H3 processor.  Talk about brain melting stuff. I have found everything that is in the library in the datasheet, BUT that's about as far as I have been able to get.  There is A LOT of bitwise operations and addressing calls in there and I don't under stand a bit, no pun intended, of it. I can put the Datasheet up for anyone to download if they are willing to try.  Don't blame me if you lose your hair!!  LOL

Offline Arti G

« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2017, 10:22:15 AM »
Will FPP work on Orange Pi PC2?

Offline Bshaver

• Developer
  • Kudos: 19
« Reply #200 on: June 15, 2017, 01:43:41 PM »
I thought someone here had provided the necessary adjustments for it to run on an orange pi. specifically the wiring pi stuff.
you can install from scratch from the install script and see for yourself.

install base raspian and download / run the installer. there is a thread on the wiki to do this. click on WIKI above.