FPP driving P10 panels over Ethernet via a $30 ColorLight 5a-75B receiver board

Author Topic: FPP driving P10 panels over Ethernet via a $30 ColorLight 5a-75B receiver board  (Read 26199 times)

Offline n19bmw

• Kudos: 0
Where are people getting their P5 panels?

Pat
Just ordered a couple for testing from aliexpress. Can't find the link but here's the description.

LYSONLED Indoor SMD2121 RGB 1/16 Scan P5 LED Module 320x160mm 64x32 Pixels, Hd LED Video Wall RGB P5 LED Display Panel 32x16cm

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline patdelaney

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 9
thanks

Offline k6ccc

• Kudos: 2
    • Newburgh Lights
Where are people getting their P5 panels?

Pat,  Mine are Pre-sale ordered from Crockett Fantasy of Lights
https://www.crockettfantasyoflights.com/product/pre-sale-p5-matrix-panels/
Jim

Offline gadgetsmith

• Kudos: 14
Bought 40 from Aliexpress last month.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32816779423.html

Offline Cjaqua

Bought 40 from Aliexpress last month.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32816779423.html
How are they working for you? Any issues with trailing/ghosting particularly when using the Xlights snowflake effect (white snowflakes) in a dark room? Do you know what refresh rate you are running them at?

Offline gadgetsmith

• Kudos: 14
I've only tested the rainbow effect. I'm working on getting two 8x1 panels setup to test more.

Offline n19bmw

The FPP Master branch now supports outputting to the ColorLight and Linsn. I have confirmed that with the group here. However; the write up for the ColorLight  ( I have both, I have just made more progress with the ColorLight) is still in the works. If you have a color light would be happy to walk through it with you on a team viewer.
Bshaver do you have the linsn setup document? Would you mind sharing if so. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline arw01

Is there a video yet of getting going from scratch with the Colorlight 5a card?  Not even sure mine came with the software, almost to this project to start figuring it out and getting it going.

Offline brichi

• Kudos: 1
I had to give up on the 5A, I cant do 9 rows of panels with it :(

Offline Unibits

• Falcon Beta Team
You can gang up the cards to make your matrix as big as it needs to be.  If you do your original configuration with the color light software then transfer the settings into the bbb it will work. I tried 2 linsn cards and it worked here. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline brichi

• Kudos: 1
thanks for the info, I figured I could add another card or get a "E" card which I believe has 12 outputs but at that point I can probably just stick with the Octoscroller that already can handle it all with 1

Offline k6ccc

• Newburgh Lights
Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!  Today I received my ColorLight card that was not expected until mid March.  That means I get to start playing with that in a day or two (tied up this evening).  Downloading the LED Vision software as I type this that I found linked in a post last May.

Offline k6ccc

• Newburgh Lights
OK, I'm confused as all get out.  Loaded LEDVision on my laptop and poking at it.  I also found earlier in this thread some screen captures of setting within LEDVision.  What I'm seeing has no resemblance to those screen captures.  All I get is a small screen (that can not be made full screen)that says LED Play and Management System on the right and LED1 on the left with no apparent way to do anything with either.  Also, half the stuff I try to touch asks for a password.  What password would it want - yes, I tried <no password> as I did find in the help?  This is a fresh install and I have not set a password anywhere.
I am guessing that I really am looking at the right program, based on the screen captures are showing settings for LED1 (same as the listing in the left side of my screen).  I have glanced through the help, but I rather suspect that for our purposes, we only care about a tiny part of it, but there was nothing obvious about what.  Any hints on where to start without having to read the entire help about stuff we don't care about?

Offline Ebuechner

• Kudos: 8
Password 168.

Offline k6ccc

• Newburgh Lights
Password 168.
Well, Howdy doody!  How the heck was I supposed to know that without asking?  The only place the help mentions default password, it says it is blank...