Author Topic: Availability  (Read 3674 times)

Offline Ken

• Kudos: 0
Availability
« on: January 11, 2017, 07:02:23 AM »
When will the new V3 boards be available?

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 63
Re: Availability
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 04:28:37 PM »
Presale will start in a couple weeks. Delivered in April/May.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline bowhunter3125

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 08:57:54 PM »
Presale will start in a couple weeks. Delivered in April/May.

Are you ordering extra to keep in the store? I wont be able to order tell late Feb.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 09:45:04 PM »
Yes.

Offline bowhunter3125

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 11:29:06 PM »

Offline Yamr6rider

• Kudos: 2
  • Here we go!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 02:52:40 PM »
Yeah, first post!!!

Question, I saw on the forum where the price-point was projected to be $200-$210.  As we're getting close to the highly anticipated presale release date, can you confirm those numbers? 

<---- NOOB wanting to start out with a board the can run my whole first year show (from FPP), then still be G2G as part of my system going forward without being dated.  It seems right now that you guys have the best thing going here!
Jon

Working on my first year display:
 1 - Raspberry Pi3,  1 - Falcon F16V3,  3 - 30A 360W PSU's, 1200
12v Pixels - Mounted in 3/4" SCH40 PVC (3-1/4" spacing), and 3 pixel strip arches.

Offline ChiefKC

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 03:16:17 PM »
I'm doing the same thing myself. I've planned my whole network with this card in mind. I just hope the presale is soon.

Chief

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 03:36:32 PM »
Still need to get the pricing back but $200-$210 is going to be pretty close.

Offline bowhunter3125

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 06:47:35 PM »
Still need to get the pricing back but $200-$210 is going to be pretty close.

This is dependent on how annoyed Dave gets with us ansy Nancy's, then the price may go up.

Offline mararunr

• Kudos: 12
    • Bentonville Heart Lites
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 06:52:54 AM »
<---- NOOB wanting to start out with a board the can run my whole first year show (from FPP), then still be G2G as part of my system going forward without being dated.  It seems right now that you guys have the best thing going here!

;) David has come up with an updated version about annually so while you will be G2G, you will still probably be wanting whatever the newest board David produces next year :-)  (spoken from experience - yes my F16v2 blue beta board without OLED WILL run my show but every new board version David creates - I just have to buy because of the new bells and whistles)
Bentonville Heart Lites (www.facebook.com/bheartlites)

This is just my opinion/suggestion/viewpoint.  Others with other viewpoints/experiences may have different advice.  I am a hobbyist with a couple years real world experience, not an expert.

Offline ChiefKC

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 07:21:58 AM »

;) David has come up with an updated version about annually so while you will be G2G, you will still probably be wanting whatever the newest board David produces next year :-)  (spoken from experience - yes my F16v2 blue beta board without OLED WILL run my show but every new board version David creates - I just have to buy because of the new bells and whistles)

Well Yeah, isn't there quite a few of us like that!

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 38
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 08:41:59 AM »

Mark, it is just another FOMO issue like last year.  LOL  I think it is part of the addiction syndrome.

(Fear Of Missing Out)
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA
Lynx, Falcon, XL, FPP

Offline Yamr6rider

• Kudos: 2
  • Here we go!
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 06:02:55 PM »
I'm looking into a 1000 pixel order (to save on price per & shipping). At some point, do you stop buying new pixels as much to keep up with the new hardware?

Offline Dave N

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 07:57:18 PM »
I'm looking into a 1000 pixel order (to save on price per & shipping). At some point, do you stop buying new pixels as much to keep up with the new hardware?

What is this word - stop?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline Akareaper

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 05:04:56 AM »
I'm in the same boat, looks like I can do what I need with one board, expansion and differential. I think an F4v2 for the tree by itself will get me through my first year. The F16v3 will allow me the additional elements next year and after that I'll need a 12 step program.