Author Topic: What's the best Falcon setup for me?  (Read 333 times)

Offline myoung84

• Kudos: 0
What's the best Falcon setup for me?
« on: January 11, 2017, 10:46:57 AM »
Hey guys, I planning on moving from my e682 to an F16v3 when they come out. I ran about 1300 pixels last year but this year looks like around 2200, maybe more. I had originally planned on the F16 with an expansion board but I can get everything on two power supplies and 16 outputs. I took a lot of amp readings last year and at 50% brightness and full white I'm running about 20-21ma per pixel. Using this number, I'm loading up each power supply about 85% but I never run full white on everything at once so I doubt I'll ever have more than 20 amps on a PS at any given time. This gives me little room to upgrade and would need to add the expansion board with any future additions.

I'll be running a centralized controller in a single bud-box with the power supplies. My longest run is no more than 40-50' so controllers/power supplies scatted through the yard isn't really needed. I can most likely get 3 power supplies into the enclosure as well as the expansion board.

Some of this might depend on final configuration of the v3 board which I have not seen yet. As I'm typing this I'm slowly talking myself into just doing the 3 PS's and expansion board. What are your thoughts on this?

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 56
Re: What's the best Falcon setup for me?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 02:05:52 PM »
Cannot go wrong with 3 power supplies. If you use only two you will have a spare.

PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com