Author Topic: Falcon Player - FPP v1.9 is now available  (Read 8674 times)

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 142
Re: Falcon Player - FPP v1.9 is now available
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2017, 11:56:11 AM »
WOW!  The Captain is back!  Welcome, sir.  You have been missed!

I agree, the default should be "don't check".  Then again, I speak from the status that all of mine are not attached to the internet unless I bring them into the work bench.

I have been lurking a little bit in the past couple weeks, but am slowly getting back into the swing of things.  :)

I will test out a fix for v1.x so the setting defaults to not automatically installing updates on new installs.  The way it will probably work is whenever there is a new USB stick or media location then the default will revert back to off.
-
Chris

Offline plaberge

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 4
    • Laberge Christmas Lights
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2017, 12:26:01 AM »
I have been lurking a little bit in the past couple weeks, but am slowly getting back into the swing of things.  :)

I will test out a fix for v1.x so the setting defaults to not automatically installing updates on new installs.  The way it will probably work is whenever there is a new USB stick or media location then the default will revert back to off.

Welcome back!
Paul.
Deep Cove, North Van. BC

Offline drlucas

• Developer
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2017, 06:59:01 PM »
....and I thought I was the only one who was taking a break. Life happens. welcome back Chris!
Ryan

Offline nmiller0113

• Kudos: 8
    • The Miller Lights
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2017, 12:29:42 AM »
WELCOME BACK!  Good to see ya around here again!  Hope all is well Chris!

Offline MartinMueller2003

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2017, 08:20:07 AM »
Will there be anything special needed to address the WiFi "CRACK" exploit or is doing an upgrade/update on the OS enough?

Offline nmiller0113

• Kudos: 8
    • The Miller Lights
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2017, 01:24:07 AM »

Will there be anything special needed to address the WiFi "CRACK" exploit or is doing an upgrade/update on the OS enough?

I wouldn't run OS updates as you risk breaking things.  If they don't patch it I'd run off a guest or segmented wifi network not on your private network wifi in order to somewhat mitigate the risk of your private network being compromised...though I doubt a hacker is going to be targeting the FPP.  This is more to extract other data.  Read more about it here https://www.krackattacks.com/ and it will make more sense why the FPP isn't really a target based on it's primary use.

Offline toozie21

• My website
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2017, 06:53:04 PM »
I have an older setup that has been running pretty good, so I haven't been updating it.

Recently I let it do the updates and all went well, but the version is currently saying: v1.0-119-g3874ec4

Am I not able to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.9?  Just wanted to make sure I am not doing something wrong before I consider trying to setup a new system.....

Offline Kolnari

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2017, 08:52:37 AM »
Folks,
I'm trying to do a new install and running in to issues. I hope this is the right place to come for this kind of help.

I loaded 1.8.
  Manually fixed a problem with mounting the USB drive. fstab had /dev/sda1, that was failing. Changed it to /dev/sda and the drive mounted.

Now I'm trying to enable test mode and it is not working.
 I know my LEDs work, they're new but I tested the strip on an Arduino. Tried with my, known working, Neopixels but they didn't work either. Not sure that they should though.

Went hunting and found the logs directory on the USB drive. Whenever I go to the display testing page I get an error in the apache.error.log
  PHP warning fopen(/home/fpp/media/channelmemorymaps): failed to openstream: No such file or directory in /opt/fpp/www/testing.php on line 661
  Then there is an fclose error about expecting parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in the testing.php line 664 script.

This is a new install. I've never had Falcon Player working.
I have the Falcon Pi Cap and have configured pixels on both of the Strings in the Output Config, the output type is rpiws2812x and it is marked as active.

Is there something I missed or is this a 1.9 issue?

Offline toml8345

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2017, 01:46:31 PM »
I just pulled out my Rasp Pi with FPP that has been in storage for a couple of years.  It has V1.0-119-g3874ec4 running currently, what is my best way to get updated to v1.9?

Offline jhoybs

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2017, 02:08:13 PM »
I'd recommend a fresh install:  http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,483.0.html

That build is so old and I doubt it even has the code to update in the GUI.
Jim H.
Muskego, WI
Falcon F16v3, PiCap, FPPs. Lynx Expresses, xLights