Author Topic: Spreadsheets  (Read 584 times)

Offline Ken

• Kudos: 0
Spreadsheets
« on: February 24, 2017, 07:18:01 PM »
I've noticed that a lot of the more experienced people are using spreadsheets to keep track of their props / channels / universes / etc.  Is anyone willing to share their spreadsheet with us noobs?

Offline AAH

• Kudos: 15
  • Blinky blinky blinky
    • I love blinky lights
Re: Spreadsheets
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 07:59:50 PM »
Not that it will be good but it will show you the format I use. Most of my 2016 channels were dc dmx ones.
Columns used are
Controller TypeControllerDMX Add.DescriptionVoltageController Num/typeController channel
You can call me AAH, you can call me Al, or you can call me Alan.
http://www.hansonelectronics.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Catalogue.pdf Catalogue of my blinky bits
http://www.hansonelectronics.com.au/

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 84
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 08:32:35 AM »
Mine shows a lot of "heritage" from the DLA and Pixelnet days (universe sizes of 512 and 4096)

(it may say "2013" but it gets updated each year and shows my 2016 channel tracking)

Offline deanathpc

• Kudos: 1
    • Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 09:12:10 AM »
I was actually creating a software package to do all of this but there was little interest so I stopped posting it.  I am in the middle of revamping it now that I am more into pixels so as I get more experienced with that I may post the modifications again.  I may change the development package also which is another reason I stopped posting my progress.

The posted spreadsheets will help me greatly also.  Thank you all.  I can take from this and that and maybe finish my program which will be portable so you can throw it on a thumb drive or dropbox and run it from any computer.
------------------
Dean

Stafford, NY
FPP, F16v2R's, LE's, xLights

Offline Kendall Walker

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 09:54:59 AM »
If you are using x-Lights you can get you a spread sheet straight out of the software with your current set up.