Author Topic: Newbie continued (question on pixels per port) falcon  (Read 118 times)

Offline sho95

• Kudos: 0
Newbie continued (question on pixels per port) falcon
« on: March 06, 2017, 01:48:58 PM »
I have yet to purchase any equipment and took up the task of trying to manage the programing aspect first.
 I gave vixen a go and then went to xlights and seemed to have just stuck with it for no other reason than I just kept going with it.
 I have some basic strands and a tree.
 My question would be for the custom model. This model has 468 pixels(nodes) and I was wondering how I would wire it from the controller?
 I will be purchasing a falcon v3 16 for the show. I just wanted to get an idea of how many pixels out of one port on the controller. I think it mentions 1000 or so but is that 1 node/pixel or 3 true pixels(1000/3)
 other info is 5 strands of 50 going across eaves, 16 strands of 50 for 180 degree tree. Two 5x20 big window shutters. Four 5x15 or so mini shutters.

Offline AAH

• Kudos: 10
  • Blinky blinky blinky
    • I love blinky lights
Re: Newbie continued (question on pixels per port) falcon
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 02:21:40 PM »
The V3 can do 1000 pixels per output but it can only directly power about 150 per port due to the 7.5A fusing per output. If you want to run 468 off 1 output then you will have to provide power injection to supply the approx 25A that it would use.
You can call me AAH, you can call me Al, or you can call me Alan.
http://www.hansonelectronics.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Catalogue.pdf Catalogue of my blinky bits
http://www.hansonelectronics.com.au/

Offline sho95

• Kudos: 0
Re: Newbie continued (question on pixels per port) falcon
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 03:05:58 PM »
The V3 can do 1000 pixels per output but it can only directly power about 150 per port due to the 7.5A fusing per output. If you want to run 468 off 1 output then you will have to provide power injection to supply the approx 25A that it would use.
Thanks for the info. I was concerned over having to run another data connection from the controller and breaking up the model. I hope to be able to handle the other power needs with a distro board from falcon. I am a newb so just trying to build the models and have a general idea first.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk