Author Topic: Any updates on V2 FPP  (Read 339 times)

Offline PD SHIMMERS

• Kudos: 0
Any updates on V2 FPP
« on: March 20, 2017, 02:13:56 PM »
I see 1.9 is out. I haven't seen any posts about the big release 2.0 in a while. Is is hoped to roll for use this upcoming season? I am holding pat on v1.8 for the time being. You guys do great work and the FPP is awesome. Last year I used a PIR sensor inside the donate box so when money dropped it would trigger a playlist to run the lights at the box and play an MP3 with my voice thanking them. I appreciate any and all help you've offered these past few years. THANKS!

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 133
Re: Any updates on V2 FPP
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 09:33:26 AM »
I have been busier than expected the past month and a half, so haven't made much progress on completing the Playlist rewrite.  That is the major backend change in FPP v2.0, so we can't release without it.  Ditto for the UI rewrite that Tim is working on.  I would like to have a beta out before the Expo, but right now I'm beginning to have my doubts if I could meet that self-imposed deadline and I haven't had a chance to discuss with Tim yet due to my schedule over the past weeks.  I still have a lot of backend work to do to support the new UI as well.

There are several things in both the new playlist code and new Channel Outputs that I personally want to use this year, so I have definitely have incentive to keep chugging along.   If we can't get the UI bolted on before late summer then you may see an interim release with some changes like the new Channel Outputs and keep the playlist and UI for v2.0.
-
Chris

Offline PD SHIMMERS

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 09:56:23 AM »
Thanks for the update and the hard work you and team put in. It seems the years keep getting shorter.

Offline DavidJ247

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 11:59:18 PM »
There are several things in both the new playlist code and new Channel Outputs that I personally want to use this year, so I have definitely have incentive to keep chugging along.   If we can't get the UI bolted on before late summer then you may see an interim release with some changes like the new Channel Outputs and keep the playlist and UI for v2.0.
Captain, when you say new channel outputs are you referring to the configuration options for RPIWS281X? There was talk about adding functionality to be similar to the Falcon hardware such as brightness, null, zig-zag, direction and possibly virtual strings. With the popularity of Pi capes at the moment and new hardware from Falcon, CFOL, Hanson and RonP (and I'm sure there are more that I have left out) there will be plenty of folks running pixels directly from their RPis this season!

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 133
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 09:40:34 AM »
Captain, when you say new channel outputs are you referring to the configuration options for RPIWS281X? There was talk about adding functionality to be similar to the Falcon hardware such as brightness, null, zig-zag, direction and possibly virtual strings. With the popularity of Pi capes at the moment and new hardware from Falcon, CFOL, Hanson and RonP (and I'm sure there are more that I have left out) there will be plenty of folks running pixels directly from their RPis this season!

Updated Channel Outputs:
- RPIWS281x - normal string config options, zig zag, etc..  This wouldn't have Virtual Strings or Brightness initially, but those could come later.

New Channel Outputs:
- LinsnRV9 - I'm still working on this one to drive Linsn RV908* LED panel receiver boards over a dedicated network interface
- ColorLight-5a-75 - This drives ColorLight-5a LED panel receiver boards over dedicated network
- Virtual Display - This is like the sequencer's preview, but on the Pi's HDMI output

Offline patdelaney

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 9
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 06:19:16 AM »
Capt-
 I have a few of the Linsn boards so I can probably test for you.

Pat