Author Topic: South-Western Pa meet up  (Read 184 times)

Offline Lindiandbob

• Kudos: 0
South-Western Pa meet up
« on: April 19, 2017, 03:24:13 PM »
Stolen from Clyde Lindsey

Western Pa Meet-up Group ***RESCHEDULED***
 We have just confirmed a new day and location for the Western Pa Lighting Meet-up.

When:
 Saturday, May 6
 10:00am till 6:00pm

Located at:
 Carnegie Free Library in Connellsville, Pennsylvania.
 Address is:
 299 S. Pittsburgh St.
 Connellsville, PA 15425

There is a large auditorium style room which will include a video projector. This room will easily seat more than 100 people. The library also offers free WiFi. There is a Caf inside the library where we can get fresh soups, salads, and Panini sandwiches. As long as we utilize the caf, there is no charge for use of the auditorium. The library will also advertise this as a free class so there is the potential to have visitors from the local community come in and check things out. Also, we are responsible for setting up and breaking down the auditorium.

We wont be holding formal classes but I am prepared to use the projector and demo how to start an xLights layout, build basic props, begin simple sequences, and review some of the effects. If youre interested in singing faces, Ill be happy to walk you through the process of creating these types of sequences. We can review any information on LOR as well.  I plan to bring a few Boscoyo Singing props and a 6 foot tall pixel tree. I will have the new F16v3 on hand to show how it works.

We will have some door prizes provided by James at Boscoyo Studios and maybe some other vendors as well! We are waiting on a few replies.

There are a few local motels (in Connellsville) you will easily find by using Google. The larger city of Uniontown is 20 minutes south, and youll find a large number of nationally known lodging chains to chose from. This includes: The Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Suites, Fairfield Inn, Park Inn , Super 8, Hampton Inn, and a few others. I believe prices start around $60 and go up, so pretty affordable for an overnight stay.

If you have any questions, please leave them below. Any ideas on how we can make this a better even, please share

Thanks
 Clyde L.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk