Author Topic: New Board - Micro Mega Node - uMN  (Read 418 times)

Offline corey872

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 16
    • Link to the sale...
New Board - Micro Mega Node - uMN
« on: May 02, 2017, 07:41:14 PM »
Quick update on a new board

I sketched out since the earlier discussions on a strobe controller and had some boards prototyped earlier this year.  I was hoping to introduce a new board before the formal uSC / uAmp co-op started.  Well, the original prototype needed a bit of additional work, so there was a couple week delay for revised boards... then out for a week with a case of the flu, out of town travel for work, a couple other weeks of unavailability, etc.

So finally got everything together over the weekend and getting set up to demo the new board.  Got everything powered up and wouldn't you know, POP!!  I happened to set the board down on a sliver of bare wire from some previous work!  So the order is out to Digikey for more parts...

I will be working to get this board repaired, demo video and full description made, then open the co-op with all three boards.  Here are a couple of photos...

3x4 grid of 3W RGB LEDs...

blue channel

If you guessed the red channel blew... correct!!

EDIT: May 03, 2017 by CaptainMurdoch to fix the small unreadable font in some places.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 10:29:29 AM by CaptainMurdoch »
Corey

2017 uSC, Afterburner, uAmp co-op announcements coming early 2017.

Offline mndless

• Kudos: 0
Re: New Board - Micro Mega Node - uMN
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 08:25:24 PM »
Quick update on a new board

I sketched out since the earlier discussions on a strobe controller and had some boards prototyped earlier this year.  I was hoping to introduce a new board before the formal uSC / uAmp co-op started.   Well, the original prototype needed a bit of additional work, so there was a couple week delay for revised boards... then out for a week with a case of the flu, out of town travel for work, a couple other weeks of unavailability, etc.

So finally got everything together over the weekend and getting set up to demo the new board.  Got everything powered up and wouldn't you know, POP!!  I happened to set the board down on a sliver of bare wire from some previous work!  So the order is out to Digikey for more parts...

I will be working to get this board repaired, demo video and full description made, then open the co-op with all three boards.  Here are a couple of photos...

3x4 grid of 3W RGB LEDs...

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 10
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 08:33:37 AM »
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would love to know more about strobing when time allows. 
Sam

Last year's video: https://vimeo.com/150560653

Online Gary

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 3
    • Diamond Crescent Musical Christmas Lights
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 07:21:58 PM »
When I read the word "strobe", I think "quickly flashing lights"--and not pixels. I'm both confused and intrigued. Is this some sort of compact matrix--something between pixels and P10 panels? This reminds me of this the pixel mesh and other pixel grids at http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,7235.msg69895.html#msg69895. Is your project for controlling these grids?