Author Topic: How to call a php script whenever a sequence starts/ends?  (Read 379 times)

Offline Nathan815

• Kudos: 0
How to call a php script whenever a sequence starts/ends?
« on: May 09, 2017, 02:20:32 PM »
I'd like to call a php script whenever a sequence starts playing, and pass in the name of the song and/or sequence to the script. The php script would contact my site's server which would in turn update a database with the currently playing sequence.

Is this possible?

It seems you can make custom scripts but I'm not seeing where one could make it be called when a sequence starts if that's possible. Is there some sort of event trigger for scripts?

Offline gc2016

Re: How to call a php script whenever a sequence starts/ends?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 08:59:54 PM »
Yes, I have php scripts hooked to events that are called at the beginning and end of the sequence.

Let me know if you need more detail. I can throw up some screen shots.

Offline Nathan815

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 10:28:08 PM »
Yes, I have php scripts hooked to events that are called at the beginning and end of the sequence.

Let me know if you need more detail. I can throw up some screen shots.

Awesome. Some screenshots would be very helpful. I see where to upload scripts, and the Event Editor. But I'm not sure what Event ID Major/Minor refers to and how to go about setting it up to run when a sequence starts or ends.

Offline gc2016

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 12:24:23 PM »
I'm currently at a convention, but I have one screenshot handy:

http://www.picpaste.com/Screenshot_2017-05-05_at_15.49.01-4C5t7io5.png

Event numbers allow you to map two output channels in a sequence into up to 576 different events. If I understand you correctly, you're going to be triggering the events in the playlist, and not within a sequence, so the numbers won't be that important to you, and you can set them to whatever you like.

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 139
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 03:05:26 PM »
I agree, I would just use a set of event scripts.  Event scripts fire in the background, so the script will run and do its thing to update your web site while the sequence and media file have already started playing.
-
Chris

Offline Nathan815

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 12:32:43 AM »
I agree, I would just use a set of event scripts. Event scripts fire in the background, so the script will run and do its thing to update your web site while the sequence and media file have already started playing.
So I would put the script in with my playlists? I'm confused as to how I would pass in information to the script about what song is currently playing etc.