Author Topic: YET ANOTHER FPP ALPHAPIX QUESTION  (Read 303 times)

Offline captwmm

• Kudos: 0
YET ANOTHER FPP ALPHAPIX QUESTION
« on: June 06, 2017, 03:12:31 PM »
Hello everyone.  I am new at doing music/light sequences.  Actually, this is my first year.  I created my sequences on XLights, setup the alphapix 16 v3, and installed FPP on a raspberry pi.  Also, installed a RASCLOCK on the FPP ... again no problems.  Watched all the videos I could find.  Performed light testing with Xlights and the alphapix ... no problems.    Bottom line is that everything works fine when I play the playlist from FPP while the alphapix and FPP are attached to my home network's modem.  Both music and lights work fine.   However, when I connect the the FPP and alphapix directly to run the schedule the music comes on schedule, but not the lights.   Do I need to configure the FFP network page in some way?  There was no mention of doing so in the videos.  Thanks for any advice you can give. 

Wally

Offline keithsw1111

• Kudos: 2
Re: YET ANOTHER FPP ALPHAPIX QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 04:42:18 PM »
Do you have static ip addresses on everything or are you using dhcp. If dhcp then you probably need your router to give you an IP address. Answer... Move to static.

Offline captwmm

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 05:41:54 AM »
Thanks, Keith. 

Everything is set to E131 AND Unicast.

The alphapix is set for a static IP address of 192.168.0.50
XLights is pointing to 192.168.0.50
FPP iNPUT/OUTPUT is set to E131 - Unicast pointing to 192.168.0.50

It is the FPP Network page that confuses me and not mentioned in jvideos I watched.  Just not sure what it needs, if anything.

I posted a document that shows screen images of the controller, FPP and Xlights.

Thanks again for your time and advice.

Wally

Offline captwmm

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 07:07:17 AM »
GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just had to set up the FPP Network interface as Static then insert the FPP IP address in the IP address and gateway blocks. Updated that interface.  Then, switched the DNS server mode to manual used the alphapix default IP address in the DNS Server 1 block.  Updated the DNS, rebooted, and Walla!

Keith, thanks again for your time and effort to help.

Wally