Author Topic: FPP, Vixen 3, Raspberry pi 3 mb, NIGHTMARE. Help if you may  (Read 347 times)

Offline altereddezignz

• Kudos: -1

Hello everyone, This is my first visit here and this forum by search has been able to get me where i am currently at but i have hit a wall....
List of items
RB PI 3 model b
Wired lan
Breadboard with extended gpio ribbon cable
Here is where i am stuck at.
I have FPP installed on the pi via http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,483.0.html
I have remote access using fpp/. Now i try to run the cahnnel test  but i get nothing out. But not sure if this is the reason or not....

I have a single led on 3v power and on the #6 pin yet when i use the display testing for that gpio channel i get no led light to turn on?

Any ideas.. I hope this made since..

Offline Griz

• Kudos: 3
Re: FPP, Vixen 3, Raspberry pi 3 mb, NIGHTMARE. Help if you may
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 10:05:34 PM »
First - welcome.  This is addicting.  You're also starting with the more complicated way to run lights.

Here's a video that show's it is possible and may also help answer some of your questions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmvGwt0vApo

Next, I'd make sure you have a couple universes on your channel configuration tab.  If all things are correct then let us know.  You only mentioned GPIO #6 which leads me to think you've only connected the data line, but not the power and ground. 

Pictures would help. 

Offline altereddezignz

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 10:17:08 PM »
So i was able to get the led and now the ss relay to activate by changing the Channel output, Other and all the channels had to be changed to match their output pin names. Apparently when i was activating a specific channel in FPP it was not associated with the actual gpio channel on the pi.[/size]Now even tho i have may channels paired on vixen it doesnt do anything in fpp.. Boy oh boy lol..

Offline altereddezignz

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 10:17:52 PM »
I HAD TO change the channel name in the gpio output channel options. I now have the gpio channel to activate the led and the relay but now my uploaded file from vixen will not activate that same channel even tho i have 1 string of lights paired to channel 21 in vixen. So back to drawing board lol

Offline altereddezignz

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 10:25:15 PM »
First - welcome.  This is addicting.  You're also starting with the more complicated way to run lights.

Here's a video that show's it is possible and may also help answer some of your questions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmvGwt0vApo

Next, I'd make sure you have a couple universes on your channel configuration tab.  If all things are correct then let us know.  You only mentioned GPIO #6 which leads me to think you've only connected the data line, but not the power and ground. 

Pictures would help.

Sorry i think i may need to give a little more info. This is just a test using 10 or so activation to turn lights on and off for a test to make sure i am doing things correct. A simple song and a simple 1 string of lights on one channel gpio output.  I was just going for simple first.

Offline altereddezignz

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 10:26:43 PM »
I am not using any pixel or rgb lights.  Short 100 bulb standard mini lights to test with.

Offline altereddezignz

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 11:35:06 PM »
For some reason as well now i am not able to get my single color strand light to show any preview of it actually doing anything in vixen either?

Offline yosemite74

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 07:11:08 PM »
What type of light controller are you lighting the 100 count mini lights with?
FPP and a Pi  pretty much replace your laptop but will not light 120v strings without an AC style controller .
Renard - SS.. etc.