Author Topic: Mounting F16V3, Expansion Board, and a F16 Differential Expansion. Suggestions?  (Read 530 times)

Offline Chris A

• Kudos: 0
It looks like I can only get 2 of the 3 on the Falcon mounting board for the cg1500. The power supplies will be mounted in a separate marine battery box. I was hoping to keep all three together so I could utilize both ribbons.

Offline jeremy0203

• Kudos: -3
Can get a longer cable and mount one on the door

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 41
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA
Lynx, Falcon, XL, FPP

Offline danj

I'm putting multiple items (F16V3 plus two expansion boards plus six PSUs) into a big ammo box (see link below) this year.
Clyde Lindsey did a great vid showing how he did his.  I'm pretty much copying what he did....

https://www.amazon.com/MTM-ACR8-72-Crate-Utility-Large/dp/B00T4XL4HM/ref=pd_yo_rr_bia_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BGYW7NDS235XW650614X

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 41
A show near me 2yrs ago had to shut down after a box containing 4 LOR controllers got destroyed.  It made me decide never to put too much control in one spot.  Not to mention lots of cables all going to one spot.  Just not my kind of configuration or yard layout.   YMMV

Offline danj

Understand your point Jim..   I figured I would try "really centralized" this year and see how I like it.

Offline Babybear

90% of my setup ends up in the basement. I have one receiver in the attic and another in the garage. that now just leaves 2 more receivers outside in placket tool boxes. now this year Ill be adding a ac controller a F16v3 with a total of 5 receivers.  There will only be 3 receivers outside. Rochester weather can be nasty.
JimmyG
Rochester, New York

Offline danj

I spent 1/2 of Jan & 1/2 of Feb right down the road in Oswego.   I'm from Louisiana and was very glad it wasn't too nasty this year.....  Don't really know how to drive on the slick stuff!!