Author Topic: ESEQ Plays in Slow Motion  (Read 192 times)

Offline jholmes

• Kudos: 0
ESEQ Plays in Slow Motion
« on: July 19, 2017, 12:07:42 PM »
Hi Folks!

I was playing around with ESEQ files but when I loaded an ESEQ onto FPP, the playback was in slow motion.
While the sequence was supposed to be 20 seconds, it lasted about 34 seconds. I am running unicast to a single controller, which is connected.

I tried different frame-rate ESEQs but they are the same.
How can I dig into whether this is a Falcon issue, xLights issue, or ME issue? :P

Thanks!

UPDATE: I tested an FSEQ and it works fine...So is this an ESEQ issue?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 02:30:08 PM by jholmes »

Offline Materdaddy

• Kudos: 8
    • Christmas On Quiet Hills
Re: ESEQ Plays in Slow Motion
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 12:15:31 PM »
The playback of ESEQ and FSEQ should be the same. Suggestions: make sure you don't have unicast configured without those controllers being running/connected; Make sure the eseq is set to the correct timing (50ms vs. 10ms). If you generated a 25ms eseq and played it back at 50ms, it'd look half-speed.

Offline jholmes

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 07:54:38 AM »
Thanks for your advice MaterDaddy.
When you say make sure the ESEQ is set to the right timing, how do you do that?
The only way I've known to do timing is presetting that when first making the sequence.

I didn't even know you could select an alternate playback speed once the data was rendered.

Offline Materdaddy

• Kudos: 8
    • Christmas On Quiet Hills
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 09:26:03 AM »
Not once it is rendered, at creation time like you mentioned.  If you created your fseq files with one speed and eseq with another, you might see a problem if you're overlaying the eseq. I'm not sure how we handle a mis-match when playing eseq files.

The other typical answer for slow playback is having universes set up on your FPP without those controllers being active on your network, but if fseq plays fine, and you say the controller is connected, that clearly isn't your problem.