Author Topic: Testing the FPP LCD and bug report(not many)  (Read 5286 times)

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 61
Re: Testing the FPP LCD and bug report(not many)
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 11:57:29 AM »
We need to make a way to select whether to repeat or just play once.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline gdyrdave

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 12:08:13 PM »
 Ok it cycles between the name of the playlist and sequence. not a problem there. Its just my It appears the last sequence is not cleared if just audio only is played, until another playlist with a sequence is executed. If I play a playlist from the web interface it plays once I (good) , if from the lcd repeats. The selection of whether or not to repeat is a good choice.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 12:11:24 PM »
I just tried what Don did. You click the select button twice it will play the sequence the right button still cycles through the menus and status screen. Do you have any playlists saved? Just a question but mine works fine except for the repeating of the playlist.

I think I fix Don's bug report. I was related to not having a playlist defined. It was crashing. I now display there is no playlists then sleep for 3 seconds and go back to status screen. Pressing select will not crash it.

Offline gdyrdave

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 12:14:46 PM »
That woud have been the only difference between his and mine. Thats why I asked him.

Offline toozie21

• My website
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 12:28:47 PM »
I'm still learning, but is it possible to add this optional LCD to that section on the What Do I Need To Get Started? sticky?  I've been using that as my basis for buying things, but I think that this would be a nice addition.  I am sifting through the Adafruit's LCD display support for FPP? thread that started last OCT, but I am only on page 2 and don't want to just skip to the end in case a decision on the right LCD was made mid-way through (though I am assuming that something like this:http://www.adafruit.com/products/1115and maybe the extension header is what you are discussing)

Just a thought.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 12:33:24 PM »
I'm still learning, but is it possible to add this optional LCD to that section on the What Do I Need To Get Started? sticky?  I've been using that as my basis for buying things, but I think that this would be a nice addition.  I am sifting through the Adafruit's LCD display support for FPP? thread that started last OCT, but I am only on page 2 and don't want to just skip to the end in case a decision on the right LCD was made mid-way through (though I am assuming that something like this:http://www.adafruit.com/products/1115and maybe the extension header is what you are discussing)

Just a thought.

Great idea. The display you linked too is a good display but many are using the RGB positive display.
http://www.adafruit.com/products/1109

Both will work. Also Timon is coming out with a four line display that will be supported too.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 12:34:16 PM »
I pushed bug fixes for Dave's bug and also Don's.

Offline toozie21

• My website
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 12:35:09 PM »

Just a thought.

Great idea. The display you linked too is a good display but many are using the RGB positive display.

Both will work. Also Timon is coming out with a four line display that will be supported too.

Thanks.  Just speaking as someone new to the arena with no prior dirty knowledge.  Figured I should throw my 2 cents in.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2014, 12:42:49 PM »

Just a thought.

Thanks.  Just speaking as someone new to the arena with no prior dirty knowledge.  Figured I should throw my 2 cents in.

Thanks again. I just added it.

Offline gdyrdave

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2014, 12:50:37 PM »
Thanks for the "push". I will be testing it within the hour.  also the the comment you wrote:
     " Both will work. Also Timon is coming out with a four line display that will be supported too. "
I can't wait till thats out. I will be on like ....... well you know what....lol However I hm very happy with the display right now. As I said, I am just putting it through its paces.

Dave

Offline DonFL

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2014, 12:59:28 PM »
I pushed bug fixes for Dave's bug and also Don's.

I'm showing version b8ece2 as being what I'm running. (I also notice the last digit of the load version does not show on the display)

To clarify:

1. i have a show scheduled for test purposes. I have a playlist defined, as part of that show.

2. On the status screen, I do not have a playlist loaded.

I still have the issue, with this load, where it locks up.

If I then go and load a playlist on the status screen, I still have issues.

What I see is:

Playlists
1. Enter_Playlis      ('t' is cut off)

and cannot get out of that screen.

The pi continues to function properly, its simply that the LCD is locked up.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2014, 01:12:33 PM »
Don can you post a screenshot of your playlist.

Offline DonFL

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2014, 01:24:14 PM »
Attached.

So I'm just using a simple animation sequence for testing...no media. Possibly the issue?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline gdyrdave

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2014, 01:28:05 PM »
The omission of the t in playlist appears to be that the the lcd is out of characters. I don't think he has any playlist added. The Enter_Playlist is a default unless it gets overwritten. Still testing mine.

Offline gdyrdave

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2014, 01:36:18 PM »
I created a playlist with just a sequence in it. Worked fine for me with the exception it still repeats if selected from the lcd.