Author Topic: F16v2-R in Standalone Controller configuration  (Read 206 times)

Offline bryon

• Kudos: 0
F16v2-R in Standalone Controller configuration
« on: July 31, 2017, 10:51:27 PM »
Hi guys,

I am hopefully receiving a used F16v2-R controller soon, and note from the product description page that there was intention to have this board integrate directly with FPP to work as standalone.

The controller in near future will have ability to connect directly to a RPi running FPP. In this configuration the controller can operate as a standalone controller with audio and video making it one of the most powerful platforms for driving RGB lights, music and video. All configuration of controller will be embedded into the standard FPP user interface.

Is this something that has already been implemented, to be implemented, or has been dropped due to the F16v3 rollout?

Also, as the v2-R has an SD slot, is it anticipated that it may work in the same way as planned for the v3 - as a sync slave off a FPP master?

Thanks,

Bryon

Offline bryon

Re: F16v2-R in Standalone Controller configuration
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 10:53:18 PM »
Hi guys,(sorry, something went haywire with font size...)
I am hopefully receiving a used F16v2-R controller soon, and note from the product description page that there was intention to have this board integrate directly with FPP to work as standalone.The controller in near future will have ability to connect directly to a RPi running FPP. In this configuration the controller can operate as a standalone controller with audio and video making it one of the most powerful platforms for driving RGB lights, music and video. All configuration of controller will be embedded into the standard FPP user interface.Is this something that has already been implemented, to be implemented, or has been dropped due to the F16v3 rollout?Also, as the v2-R has an SD slot, is it anticipated that it may work in the same way as planned for the v3 - as a sync slave off a FPP master?Thanks,Bryon

Online jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 38
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 08:22:08 AM »
I have 3 V2s connected to RPi3 in the box with each controller.  I just put a short network cable between the two and run the Pi in remote mode.  I will be doing the same with my V3.  Currently there is no functionality in any F16V? to run without a Pi.  I doubt you will see any further development of feature sets for the V2, but maybe.  Between his day job and all the other Falcon products I'm not sure Dave is even sleeping much.  ;) ;D
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA
Lynx, Falcon, XL, FPP

Offline bryon

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 05:07:29 PM »
Thanks Jim for your reply!