Author Topic: Were to add node strips to have more 'depth'  (Read 157 times)

Offline ccrowder

• Kudos: 0
Were to add node strips to have more 'depth'
« on: August 04, 2017, 11:40:18 AM »
So here was my house last year with my first real time into pixels.  And below that is a daytime pic.  Looking for ideas to improve/add.  Will probably get rid of the static lights this year except for maybe the colored net lights up front.

I want to add more 'depth' this year with some more elements so it has a more cohesive look.  I plan to add a 14ft tall pixel tree in the round flower bed on the right hand side but want to add more to house outline/parts itself to give it something more.  Other then window outlines what suggestions/ideas do folks have?  Below are some I had but not sure on..

Run some more c9 style pixels on garage roof.. but do I do full part and connect them to lower run or do I just do the fascia board so they unconnected element?  If I connect would I want to do top roof part on 2nd story as well?

Thought about putting some 3in bullet pixels along central column (and loose tree) as well as garage verticals.
The only other thing I can think of is perhaps a few pixel mini-trees along the walkway on the artificial turf.

Any other ideas?

Offline Ebuechner

• Kudos: 5
Re: Were to add node strips to have more 'depth'
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 01:02:05 PM »
Looking at your picture one thing that comes to my mind is coro light boxes that could fit in each window of your garage door. Of course on the inside you would need some sort of long draping wire attached to the ceiling so the door still operates. I have toyed with the idea for my garage doors but I don't have Windows, I would have to do some flat element on the outside.

Offline mikeh565

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 01:30:08 PM »
You might want to keep up with the structural outlining.   Add some verticals, up the two sides of the garage and the right side of the house. 
That front wall is a great pallet.  Maybe look at floods to change it's colors.  Last might be to line the roof.  Adding the peak of the upper roof and the garage would work.

Offline ccrowder

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 01:55:49 PM »
The only thing with the wall itself is it will be behind the megatree.  But floods might be nice.  The other thing I can maybe think of is the boscoyo chromoglow presents on each pillar and get rid of the arch.

Think I will add to roof line but just not sure where..  Just wondering if I do the 'whole' line on the garage it might look odd being a bit triangle..

This was my house the year before without pixels where I had the whole garage line.. not sure I like it like that or not....

Offline Ebuechner

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 05:29:41 PM »
The vertical column by the front door is just screaming out for something like maybe a 2-inch spacing chroma mat hanging the whole length that would give you a tall thin Matrix.
I don't think you need to do the windows but you definitely could use more vertical elements.
I think you could go Grand with something hanging above your door in your entryway.
https://youtu.be/A4ihJRnDMbQ

Offline ccrowder

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 07:38:53 PM »
Hard to see due to inside light on but there is a large wreath with 100 pixels above the door in the window.  Should black out the window this year.

Offline Ebuechner

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 08:30:54 PM »
I could kind of see the wreath in the window but it didn't show very well in the picture. Maybe add 70 more pixels to the wreath to use a full universe ( punch it up and give it wow Factor) and suspend it out in the entryway to get more depth and visibility for that element. Just throwing out ideas to see if something will stick because those couple of pictures really don't tell the whole story.

Offline ccrowder

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 11:28:58 AM »
I like the ide of bringing it out.  Since I am ditching the artificial tree this year that should look good up high between the pillar and wall.