Author Topic: I'm losing my French  (Read 350 times)

Offline LOUIS

• Kudos: 1
I'm losing my French
« on: August 10, 2017, 11:11:40 AM »
Hi

I'm loosing my French, as a beginner Is tarted a small sequence with Xligths, I check sequence ... no Problem, I used "Tools" and I tested every channels OK, with out put to lights on..... it worked. I set F16 with one Expansion differential board with 700 pixel per output for the main board and 300 per output for the expansion board
Last week I try this little test sequence with Xligths it worked, then I tested with FPP it worked, I scheduled a time it worked. Two days ago I try again in the same configuration...... the F16v3 stayed in a IDLE status
Then I tried with XligtScheduler ....... my sequence worked many times
Today I tried again then FPP don't work XligthScheduler either F16v3 stay in Idle status (the output to lights of Xligthscheduler is on )
Today my sequence runs only when I'm connected the F16 to the network when I run the sequence with XLights. When I connect the F16 with an ethernet cable to my computer or to FPP no reaction.........What did I miss
What is the pb I reboot my computer the F16v3 I do not anderstand what changed within these 2 days did I missed something???

Thanks for help

Alain

Offline LOUIS

Re: I'm losing my French
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 11:14:08 AM »
Sorry I didn't join all the attachments

Here there are different views of FPP and F16 so maybe you could see what's wrong

Offline LOUIS

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 02:56:33 AM »
Hi

I understood one topic ...... when I want to drive F16 with my laptop (MacBook Pro) I have to switch off the Wi-Fi I noticed it when I moved in the house, it worked when I was in a place in the house where Wi fi signal was not detected and didn't work when my laptop get it.

I try again with the FPP but still no signal to the F16

I think there something wrong with my set up ....... but what ......maybe you may know

Alain

Offline LOUIS

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 03:15:16 AM »
OUAH .........GOT IT

I finally found it I changed the in the channel outputs the E1.131 interface from "eth0" to "eth0:0" and then .........ligths

I'll certainly be back when the next pb occurs

Alain

Offline LOUIS

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 03:16:39 AM »
 Solution for my pb

Offline Yamr6rider

• Kudos: 2
  • Here we go!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 09:40:47 AM »
Noob question;
     What did changing from "eth0" to "eth0:0" do?  Does that make it run off of Wifi instead of LAN? Or Vise-versa?
Jon

Working on my first year display:
 1 - Raspberry Pi3,  1 - Falcon F16V3,  3 - 30A 360W PSU's, 1200
12v Pixels - Mounted in 3/4" SCH40 PVC (3-1/4" spacing), and 3 pixel strip arches.

Offline LOUIS

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 03:31:17 PM »
Hi Yamr6rider

When I changed from "eth0" to "eth0:0" and click on restart FPP, the F16v3 changed from status "idle" displayed on the OLED screen (means no data received by F16v3) to the running status.
The FPP was playing my test sequence and then lights went on, of couse I was still connected to my FPP via a Wi Fi connection, and can check what was the FPP status on my laptop screen.
I just found why last week I could play  a sequence with 500 pixels and why I was not able to do it again this week.

Now every things work I have to built my mega tree, and set sequences on Xlights..........a lot of work to go hope to be able to have a few pixels working for Xmass in my front yard

Best regards from France

Thanks for your comment

Alain

Offline MyKroFt

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 54
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 05:19:04 AM »
Did you manually edit anything in the FPP software vs using web interface?

Ethernet output should be eth0
wireless should be wlan0

eth0:0 is a second interface defined off the main Ethernet interface - the software will not do that on it own without manual edit of the interfaces file.....

Tony

Offline LOUIS

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 10:13:51 AM »
Hi MyKroft
I didn't edit anythings
In fact what did I do
Two week aga I was in a house with all the equipment (Mcbook,xligths,falcon and FPP) as I am a real beginner I began with Xlights set up
then layout then new sequence, my F16v3 was connected to the net work with an ethernet cable, I had a few led ribbons with me corresponding to the one I will have for my leaping arches, I lay the ribbons on the floor and made a test from Xlights first with the tools menu (check sequence, then test it's at that stage I notice my ribbons were GRB and not RGB) then I Connected my FPP to the network get an IP address and change in the status menu network from Eth0 to want0 entering the address and code of my router, then set up channels outputs and enter my test fuse. sequence and schedule on a certain time.. connect my FPP to the Falcon... at the defined schedule my sequence started. Then I shut down every things it was OK for every things
When I got back home last week I prepared my leaping arches with the tubes I just received from the US (McMasters) to see my sequence as I was in a different location then I connected the FPP to the network to get an IP address and change the wan0 datas click on Update interface and I had my FPP connected to my mac via wifi. Then I connected to the F16v3 via an ethernet cable as I did before nothing happened the F16 fled screen indicated IDLE the 2 less close to the RJ45 connector were on. Then I wrote my post to ask help, and during this time I was trying to change things, and when I changed in the chanel outputs menu "eth0" by "eth0:0" immediately the F16v3 change status I could see on the old screen that it was receiving datas.
That's it you can see the 2 different screen capture of what I had on the FPP

I can't explain it differently I don't have  enough knowledges of the FPP to explain what happened

Thank for your comment

Alain