Author Topic: Setting serial output - F4V3  (Read 314 times)

Offline toml8345

• Kudos: 0
Setting serial output - F4V3
« on: September 03, 2017, 11:47:10 AM »
I am trying to set up my serial output on my F4V3 for testing with my Renard Controllers.  They are set for Baudrate of 57600 and Stop Bits of 1 bit.  When I go the the Serial Outputs tab of the set up screen and set the Baudrate and Stop Bits as above and hit SAVE, the screen changes momentarily and then comes back to original Serial Output settings of 19200 and 2 bits.  If I change the Start Address and Save the change stays, but not the Baudrate and Stop Bits.

Once we have these setting correct, how do I set this up in xLights?  Is this an USB or E1.31 network in the xLights Setup tab?

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 63
Re: Setting serial output - F4V3
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 02:31:05 PM »
I am trying to set up my serial output on my F4V3 for testing with my Renard Controllers.  They are set for Baudrate of 57600 and Stop Bits of 1 bit.  When I go the the Serial Outputs tab of the set up screen and set the Baudrate and Stop Bits as above and hit SAVE, the screen changes momentarily and then comes back to original Serial Output settings of 19200 and 2 bits.  If I change the Start Address and Save the change stays, but not the Baudrate and Stop Bits.

Once we have these setting correct, how do I set this up in xLights?  Is this an USB or E1.31 network in the xLights Setup tab?

The settings are saved but the user interface is not showing them correctly. This is a bug that will be fixed in next release.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline toml8345

• Kudos: 0
Re: Setting serial output - F4V3
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 02:58:52 PM »
Thanks, I thought it was me again. :)

How about the settings in xLights?  Can someone help me there?