Author Topic: F16v3 to LOR Quit working  (Read 724 times)

Offline jimmyc4511

• Kudos: 0
F16v3 to LOR Quit working
« on: October 04, 2017, 11:34:47 AM »
I am running from my Falcon V3 to LOR for a singing pumpkin...everything was working fine then my configuration got messed up trying to upload from xlights...I changed my channels back to correct channels etc..everything works again except the LOR controller...I'm running from DMX port 1 with a cross over cable..(I know you don't need one) nothing has changed except it's not working. Tried testing from xlights, FPP, and Falcon config page....any trouble shooting steps I've missed...?

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 68
Re: F16v3 to LOR Quit working
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 12:09:37 PM »
Try resaving serial port page.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline jimmyc4511

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 06:53:46 PM »
I tried re saving serial port page...I got rid of the crossover cable and switched the jumpers tested  the LOR box...I'm stumped...everything worked fine until I uploaded configuration from xlights for my f4...it didn't account for some null channels I had so it through all my models off..I fixed that but now nothing....is there a way to verify DMX data coming from the Falcon board..?

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 07:11:55 PM »
The LOR box has an indicator light that should be solid if DMX is received.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 07:12:47 PM »
Please try a factory reset. Procedure in manual at PixelController.com

Offline jimmyc4511

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 08:02:47 PM »
Ok I'll try a reset...led on the LOR just blinks

Offline wspmf1

• Kudos: 3
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 04:25:22 PM »
I'm having the same issue.  First, a couple weeks ago, serial output 2 was sending random data and I had to move that RS485 universe to another controller. 

Last night, my Candy cane with 5 LOR CCRs configured the same quit working on Serial output 3.  I checked cabling, configuration, and even reset the controller back to defaults and it still did not work even though it has been working fine for two weeks.   I moved it to another F16v3 today and it works perfectly.

I replaced three Alphapix 16's with Falcon F16v3 controllers this year.  Everything has gone smoothly except for the problems with serial outputs on one of them.  Other than the serial outputs not working, the SPI ports are working fine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.   

If this is a hardware problem, how do I go about getting it fixed so I don't have the same problem next year?
Thanks!
Rick
Rick P

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 01:23:07 AM »
You can send the board to me to look at.

Offline disparky

• Animatronics.ORG
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 02:25:14 PM »
I'm just wondering if this has anything to do with the AM26C31IN chip above the three serial ports.  I just had one go bad on one of my differential expansion boards.  I ordered several replacements just in case the others fail.  Might be the manufacturer of the chip??  I'll post an update when I test the board with the replacements.

Chris
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 03:12:55 PM by disparky »

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 86
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 05:32:27 PM »
I'm just wondering if this has anything to do with the AM26C31IN chip above the three serial ports.  I just had one go bad on one of my differential expansion boards.  I ordered several replacements just in case the others fail.  Might be the manufacturer of the chip??  I'll post an update when I test the board with the replacements.

Chris
You didn't plug in an actual Ethernet cable from a router or switch, did you? That can damage those rs485 chips.

Also, cables from an LOR board carry damaging voltage on one of their wires.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline disparky

• Animatronics.ORG
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2018, 06:09:57 PM »
You didn't plug in an actual Ethernet cable from a router or switch, did you? That can damage those rs485 chips.
Also, cables from an LOR board carry damaging voltage on one of their wires.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Haha, nope.  The output didn't even have a load on it.  It was when I went though and tested the outputs in test mode did I discover that port three on the receiver wasn't driving pixels.  I replaced it with a known good chip to verify.  I'm only worried that if I buy the new F48 I can't change the chip so easily should one sh*t the bed, I would need to change the entire board.  That F48 board is so damn sexy though!  We'll see what happens.   ;) 

Update: I put a meter on my 12v to 5v DC-DC converter just to be sure that it wasn't spiking too much voltage to the board.  Voltage doesn't budge during the test cycle. 

Chris
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:15:56 AM by disparky »