Author Topic: Ramp up ramp down  (Read 169 times)

Offline esolo

• Kudos: -1
Ramp up ramp down
« on: October 08, 2017, 06:05:10 PM »
Hello everyone,
Ive been away from lights for over a year, so I apologize if this is a bad question. Im simply stuck trying to perform a simple function, but it just wont work. Im trying to create a halloween glow around the house as I currently only have my roofline lights up right now. So it seemed very simple, I chose Color Wash and used the Value Curve function for chose the Ramp up/down function. In theory it should be simply, we start at 0 in the middle its 100 and at the end its 0 and repeat, I could make this go for hours right. Nope, that does NOTHING! LOL, sorry Im losing it.

What am I missing here guys?

Offline Bshaver

• Developer
  • Kudos: 20
Re: Ramp up ramp down
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 11:14:01 AM »
the hot keys U and D are UP and down. See if that helps with what you are trying to do.

Offline Gilrock

• Kudos: 8
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 12:48:57 PM »
What parameter were you trying to use a Value Curve for?  That Ramp up/down is just going to ramp whatever parameter it applies to.  Its hard to tell what you are saying is wrong.  When you say "nothing" does that mean no lights came on?  You didn't see anything in xLights preview?  What?  Did you click output to lights?  Have you just dropped a standard Butterfly to see if that works?

Offline esolo

• Kudos: -1
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 11:38:38 PM »
Instead of using the value curve, I simply used back to back "on" functions (1st started at 20% and ended at 100%)(2nd one started at 100% and ended at 20%) then I copy and pasted that many times. So now the lights smoothly ramp up and down giving the effect of faulty lights for halloween.

Offline David_AVD

• Kudos: 0
    • da-Share
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 02:48:42 PM »
I used the ON effect with a sawtooth pattern selected in the brightness section.
da-share.com - the home of da_E131, da_DMX and other handy stuff