Author Topic: F4V3 and Pixabulbs  (Read 223 times)

Offline worksopian

• Kudos: 0
F4V3 and Pixabulbs
« on: October 17, 2017, 08:04:43 AM »
I hooked up my F4V3 to four strings of pixabulbs last night to test that all the lights were working via a controller test. Once satisfied, i turned the test mode back off and it appeared that all the lights were out. I also checked before hitting the hay and all lights were out. When I got up this morning, there were random lights lit in random colors on all the strings. Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this? The controller is inside the garage in a CG-1500 case.
Voltage reads 11.8V on the falcon webpage.

Would be very grateful for any help.

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 84
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: F4V3 and Pixabulbs
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 11:17:26 AM »
You've got fake data (i.e., noise) on your data line. Check for pixel wiring crossing power lines. I've had it happen but it has been rare. I use a lot of pixabulbs.

Offline worksopian

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 01:09:49 PM »
I should have said that the lights are actually strung on my garage, so unless I am misunderstanding, I don't believe that the pixel wiring is crossing power lines. I had similar issues last year with an F16V2.

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 01:46:42 PM »
I should have said that the lights are actually strung on my garage, so unless I am misunderstanding, I don't believe that the pixel wiring is crossing power lines. I had similar issues last year with an F16V2.

Electric garage door opener? In the absence of an "off" data signal, any lights that trigger on by any noise are going to stay on. Is your P4v3 power supply using a 3-wire AC input? If using more than one power supply, are their V- outputs tied together? Regardless of source, the problem is noise.

Offline worksopian

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 07:09:57 PM »
Thanks again for the reply Jon,
I have one power supply going to the controller with a 3 wire AC input. Is there anything I can do to shield the data cable from 'noise'. I found out that I can change a setting in the Falcon software that will send blanking signals but still don't have the controller connected to a computer or pi.

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 08:14:03 AM »
Thanks again for the reply Jon,
I have one power supply going to the controller with a 3 wire AC input. Is there anything I can do to shield the data cable from 'noise'. I found out that I can change a setting in the Falcon software that will send blanking signals but still don't have the controller connected to a computer or pi.
Don't have an F4v3 but on the F16v3 there is a "blanking" checkbox in the strings page.

I'd try that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline worksopian

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 10:33:34 AM »
Hope to hook it up tonight to test.
Thanks for the help Jon