Author Topic: No Communication with F16V1??  (Read 5184 times)

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 12
Re: No Communication with F16V1??
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 12:37:09 PM »
Running out of ideas...  When was last time you flashed ETD? 
Sam
 Last year's video: https://vimeo.com/150560653

Offline rdebolt

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 3
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2017, 02:48:42 PM »

Running out of ideas...  When was last time you flashed ETD? 

Last weekend! LOL!!!

RD

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2017, 03:43:51 PM »
Dug deeper.  There is ETD firmware for universes 33-64 and also a drop down in the utility for that. Not that it should matter for ch 4,097...  http://diylightanimation.com/index.php?topic=8289.msg118440#msg118440

Only other thing I got is that I always had to disable MS firewall using ETD with the PC (win7) to program.  Why I always hated using ETD.   

I'd PM David and arrange to call him. 

Offline rdebolt

• Supporting Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2017, 03:53:38 PM »
Firewall has been off. ETD actually originally was set for universes 33-64 (Sold my other one) and I tried that before I re-flashed for the 1-32. I also sent David a PM a couple weeks ago about this, but have not gotten with him yet. I know that he is slammed! Thanks for all of your help with this Sam!

Roger

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 06:35:18 AM »
To me, the only things that could allow the ETD to control but NOT program would be if board id switch is off, PN universe jumpers off, settings of board do not match utility. 

I wonder...  I know you checked these but it is interesting that the PNU jumpers on V1 are not labeled and they do NOT appear in the order you would suspect.  Top left is 3 not 1.  They are also paired so there are at least 2 different ways to goof on these.  You are talking to a guy pulling his hair out when I later realized the F16 ports do not run left to right!  Also, the jumpers MUST match the utility exactly or they don't work.  IE if using PNU 2&3 on board, utility must be for 2&3 and not just 2. 

SNIP
To control universe 1 and 2: all 4 jumpers would be in the down position.
To control universe 2 and 3: the left two jumpers in up position, right two jumpers in the down position
To control universe 3 and 4: all 4 jumpers would be in the up position.
To control universe 1 and 4: the left two jumpers in down position, right 2 jumpers in up position END SNIP

Only other thing I got is that you said you use multicast in the utility (lan interface), I could swear I had to use the drop down and select the IP and could not leave it blank. 

Offline rdebolt

• Supporting Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2017, 07:58:06 AM »
To me, the only things that could allow the ETD to control but NOT program would be if board id switch is off, PN universe jumpers off, settings of board do not match utility. 

I wonder...  I know you checked these but it is interesting that the PNU jumpers on V1 are not labeled and they do NOT appear in the order you would suspect.  Top left is 3 not 1.  They are also paired so there are at least 2 different ways to goof on these.  You are talking to a guy pulling his hair out when I later realized the F16 ports do not run left to right!  Also, the jumpers MUST match the utility exactly or they don't work.  IE if using PNU 2&3 on board, utility must be for 2&3 and not just 2. 

SNIP
To control universe 1 and 2: all 4 jumpers would be in the down position.
To control universe 2 and 3: the left two jumpers in up position, right two jumpers in the down position
To control universe 3 and 4: all 4 jumpers would be in the up position.
To control universe 1 and 4: the left two jumpers in down position, right 2 jumpers in up position END SNIP

Only other thing I got is that you said you use multicast in the utility (lan interface), I could swear I had to use the drop down and select the IP and could not leave it blank. 

My board has numbers. And yes jumpers for 1-2 all down 3-4 all up. If you look at the build manual that is the version board that mine are. Those may even be the pictures of one of my boards....cannot remember if David used mine or someone else's at the time.

I see what you are saying now about the IP in the configuration software and I only have one selection ever. There is no option other than the one listed. My assumption (You know what that does) is that the address is correct since the lights flash through the V2.
I wish I had not sold my Falcon FPD now!!!  BTW You are awesome!!!!! I really appreciate your help! You should be working on your stuff not mine!

Roger

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2017, 09:55:44 AM »
When I launch the utility and select ETD the lan interface is blank.  I have to chose the IP.  Wish I were helping you... Getting ready to start setup this weekend.  My setup is small so it doesn't take that much time.   

Offline rdebolt

• Supporting Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2017, 11:16:18 AM »

When I launch the utility and select ETD the lan interface is blank.  I have to chose the IP.  Wish I were helping you... Getting ready to start setup this weekend.  My setup is small so it doesn't take that much time.   

That's odd mine shows and IP address. At work now and not home so I cannot say what the IP is, but it does show one because I have tried to select it and cannot.

Offline rdebolt

• Supporting Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2017, 11:25:22 AM »
I just installed the utility on my work PC opened my file and it has an IP for the ETD.