Intro for Noobies

Author Topic: Intro for Noobies  (Read 1282 times)

Offline bhensley

• Kudos: 1
    • Brian's Blog Tutorials >>
Intro for Noobies
« on: October 30, 2017, 11:54:24 PM »
As my first light show is starting to be up for the winter / Halloween I've been writing some simple tutorials for others to get off the ground flying. If you're stuck or getting your first light show working check it out  ;D ;D

http://www.brianhensley.net/2017/10/intro-to-smart-pixels-part-1.html

Cheers,
Brian
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 04:44:48 PM by bhensley »

Offline Rmiles87

• Kudos: 0
Re: Intro for Noobies
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 07:34:49 AM »
Thank you!

Glad to see a fellow Oregonian in here.

Offline Stormyblade

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 01:57:58 AM »
And another...just west of Hillsboro.  ;D

Offline Icky007

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 07:30:04 PM »
Brian,
Your Blog was very useful and answered some basic questions that I could not find simple, straight forward answers for elsewhere.  I'm sure the answers are out there but too often they are buried in miles of text or hours of videos. 

What is most frustrating are those that explain in great detail how to perform basic tasks such as install software or find your IP address but then gloss over the details that are important to noobies like "what is a pixel and why does it take 3 channels".

Keep up the good work and write more.  I'd love to see explanations on power calculations and when to do power injection.

Offline bhensley

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 12:18:12 AM »
Brian,
Your Blog was very useful and answered some basic questions that I could not find simple, straight forward answers for elsewhere.  I'm sure the answers are out there but too often they are buried in miles of text or hours of videos. 

What is most frustrating are those that explain in great detail how to perform basic tasks such as install software or find your IP address but then gloss over the details that are important to noobies like "what is a pixel and why does it take 3 channels".

Keep up the good work and write more.  I'd love to see explanations on power calculations and when to do power injection.

Very glad you found it useful. I plan to make more tutorials, but i'm fighting my own display issues (specifically related to power injection / flickering pixels). When thats solved and I finish up my last item for my display, i'll get into writing more.  ;)

Cheers,
Brian

Offline esolo

• Kudos: -1
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 05:23:47 PM »
Subscribed. Nice job on the blog.

Offline bhensley

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 11:09:46 PM »

Thanks! Intro to smart pixels tutorial i've gotten positive feedback on and people love the networking tutorial. Right now i'm working on part 2 of setting up a display. Which is an in-depth how I setup my display step by step, troubleshooted some unaccounted for problems (flickering, power injection, etc.) and overall a simple easy 'how to' for newbies starting out.

Cheers,
Brian

Offline esolo

• Kudos: -1
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 10:56:22 AM »

Thanks! Intro to smart pixels tutorial i've gotten positive feedback on and people love the networking tutorial. Right now i'm working on part 2 of setting up a display. Which is an in-depth how I setup my display step by step, troubleshooted some unaccounted for problems (flickering, power injection, etc.) and overall a simple easy 'how to' for newbies starting out.

Cheers,
Brian

Thanks for your effort