Author Topic: F4V3 pixels on at boot  (Read 87 times)

Offline jediosu

• Kudos: 0
F4V3 pixels on at boot
« on: November 07, 2017, 07:50:43 AM »
This is my first year and I recently purchased an F4V3. I just hooked up my entire display in my home office last night.

I have strands of pixels running everywhere haha.

With all my pixels plugged in (350 nodes currently) when I power on the F4V3 most of my pixels strings all light up blue for a few seconds then they go out.

I'm assuming that "fake data" is being generated on boot, especially with my strings going everywhere including running on top and across each other.  I'm also assuming after about 5 seconds the controller is sending the "blank" command to shut them off. Does this sound correct? The issue doesn't bother me unless it indicates something wrong. My sequences all run correctly and no stray lights ever come on after the boot up as I do have "blank" set on every string.

Thanks

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 81
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: F4V3 pixels on at boot
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 09:01:01 AM »
Are all of your pixels from the same vendor? (I'm guessing they are)

Some pixels do that. Most do not. Depends on the chip design and combinations of resistors/diodes/capacitors they used with the control chip.

in other words, I don't think you have a problem

Offline jediosu

• Kudos: 0
Re: F4V3 pixels on at boot
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 09:04:53 AM »
Ok makes sense. Yes, all my pixels are from the same vendor. The bullet pixels are the ones turning on blue while the bulb style aren't. Good to know, thank you!