Author Topic: two master units on one net??  (Read 120 times)

Offline amtrak115

• Kudos: 1
two master units on one net??
« on: November 12, 2017, 05:38:49 PM »
this is one of those....I think I can, I think I can. I have a bbb running fpp as my tune-to. it's currently running in stand-alone mode. The rest of my show has a master and 3 remotes. Can I change the BBB to be a master also and add one remote to it on the wireless net or will the two masters conflict with each other on the net??

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 81
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: two master units on one net??
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 06:35:05 PM »
My immediate response was - Don't cross the streams. Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

but, its possible that since the Masters would be sending sync data only to the specific Remotes you check, it might work.

DON"T use All Remotes

Don't open the Multisync page on the masters at the same time.

While you may find it doesn't work well, it should cause any permanent problems, just possible slow downs.

Offline Unibits

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 03:29:52 AM »
My immediate response was - Don't cross the streams. Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

but, its possible that since the Masters would be sending sync data only to the specific Remotes you check, it might work.

DON"T use All Remotes

Don't open the Multisync page on the masters at the same time.

While you may find it doesn't work well, it should cause any permanent problems, just possible slow downs.

Sorry Jon, I could not resist...

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 142
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 12:35:45 AM »
Multiple masters will work fine as long as you follow Jon's advice.  When using multiple masters, you have to check the individual Remotes on each master, you can't use 'All Remotes' since each master can see all of the remotes.
-
Chris

Offline amtrak115

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 10:32:25 AM »
Thanks guys,  I never use all remotes on my pi players.  seems to work better that way.  thanks again

Barry